Valuation Of Ranchette Amenities: A Hedonic Approach
Throughout the Western United States, production ranches are being subdivided into recreation -oriented "ranchettes". This paper presents a hedonic model for ranchettes, introducing the use of remote sensing vegetative indices and neighborhood characteristics. It is found that increased greenness, access to roads, cities, and proximity to open space increase sale prices.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yue Jin Shi & Timothy T. Phipps & Dale Colyer, 1997. "Agricultural Land Values under Urbanizing Influences," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(1), pages 90-100.
- John Faux & Gregory M. Perry, 1999. "Estimating Irrigation Water Value Using Hedonic Price Analysis: A Case Study in Malheur County, Oregon," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(3), pages 440-452.
- Benson, Earl D, et al, 1998. "Pricing Residential Amenities: The Value of a View," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 55-73, January.
- Geoghegan, Jacqueline & Wainger, Lisa A. & Bockstael, Nancy E., 1997. "Spatial landscape indices in a hedonic framework: an ecological economics analysis using GIS," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 251-264, December.
- Acharya, Gayatri & Bennett, Lynne Lewis, 2001. "Valuing Open Space and Land-Use Patterns in Urban Watersheds," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2-3), pages 221-37, March-May.
- Philippe Le Goffe, 2000. "Hedonic Pricing of Agriculture and Forestry Externalities," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 15(4), pages 397-401, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:waealb:36547. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.