Does Gender, Class Standing, And High School Economics Influence Students' Economic Learning
This paper investigates how gender, maturity of the student, and previous economics study in high school contribute to economic learning. Economic learning is measured using the difference between pre- and post-test scores. OLS results suggest that high school economics plays a larger role in economic learning than either gender or maturity.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Watts, Michael, 1987. "Student Gender and School District Differences Affecting the Stock and Flow of Economic Knowledge," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 561-66, August.
- Watts, Michael & Lynch, Gerald J, 1989. "The Principles Courses Revisited," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 236-41, May.
- Rhine, Sherrie L W, 1989. "The Effect of State Mandates on Student Performance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 231-35, May.
- Heath, Julia A, 1989. "An Econometric Model of the Role of Gender in Economic Education," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 226-30, May.
- Siegfried, John J & Strand, Stephen H, 1977. "Sex and the Economics Student," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 59(2), pages 247-49, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:waeafa:35699. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.