What are the Economic Health Costs of Non-Action in Controlling Toxic Water Pollution?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sanchez-Choliz, Julio & Duarte, Rosa, 2005. "Water pollution in the Spanish economy: analysis of sensitivity to production and environmental constraints," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 325-338, May.
- Hasler, Berit & Lundhede, Thomas, 2005. "Are Agricultural Measures for Groundwater Protection Beneficial When Compared to Purification of Polluted Groundwater?," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24587, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bryan J. Hubbell & Jeffrey L. Jordan, 2000. "Joint Production and Averting Expenditure Measures of Willingness to Pay: Do Water Expenditures Really Measure Avoidance Costs?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(2), pages 427-437.
- Daniel J. Phaneuf & Catherine L. Kling & Joseph A. Herriges, 2000.
"Estimation and Welfare Calculations in a Generalized Corner Solution Model with an Application to Recreation Demand,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 83-92, February.
- Daniel J. Phaneuf & Catherine L. Kling & Joseph A. Herriges, 1998. "Estimation and Welfare Calculations in a Generalized Corner Solution Model with an Application to Recreation Demand," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 99-wp207, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Phaneuf, Daniel J. & Kling, Catherine L. & Herriges, Joseph A., 2000. "Estimation and Welfare Calculations in a Generalized Corner Solution Model with an Application to Recreation Demand," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1355, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Seung-Jun Kwak & Clifford Russell, 1994. "Contingent valuation in Korean environmental planning: A pilot application to the protection of drinking water quality in Seoul," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(5), pages 511-526, October.
- Anna Alberini & Alan Krupnick, 2000. "Cost-of-Illness and Willingness-to-Pay Estimates of the Benefits of Improved Air Quality: Evidence from Taiwan," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(1), pages 37-53.
- Alberini, Anna & Zanatta, Valentina & Rosato, Paolo, 2007.
"Combining actual and contingent behavior to estimate the value of sports fishing in the Lagoon of Venice,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 530-541, March.
- Anna Alberini & Valentina Zanatta & Paolo Rosato, 2005. "Combining Actual and Contingent Behavior to Estimate the Value of Sports Fishing in the Lagoon of Venice," Working Papers 2005.44, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Robert L. Raucher, 1986. "The Benefits and Costs of Policies Related to Groundwater Contamination," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(1), pages 33-45.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2008.
"Evaluating the Benefits of Non-marginal Reductions in Pollution Using Information on Defensive Expenditures,"
Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Joseph Herriges & Catherine L. Kling (ed.), Revealed Preference Approaches to Environmental Valuation, volume 0, pages 459-475
W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Bartik, Timothy J., 1988. "Evaluating the benefits of non-marginal reductions in pollution using information on defensive expenditures," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 111-127, March.
- Hanley, Nick, 1990. "The Economics of Nitrate Pollution," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 17(2), pages 129-151.
- Dickie, Mark & Gerking, Shelby, 1996.
"Formation of Risk Beliefs, Joint Production and Willingness to Pay to Avoid Skin Cancer,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 451-463, August.
- Dickie, M. & Gerking, S., 1993. "Formation of Risk Beleifs, Joint Production and Willingness to Pay to Avoid Skin Cancer," Papers 398e, Georgia - College of Business Administration, Department of Economics.
- Harrington, Winston & Krupnick, Alan J. & Spofford, Walter Jr., 1989. "The economic losses of a waterborne disease outbreak," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 116-137, January.
- Brouwer, Roy, 2006. "Do stated preference methods stand the test of time? A test of the stability of contingent values and models for health risks when facing an extreme event," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 399-406, December.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umcicp:6656. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ciumnus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.