What are the Economic Health Costs of Non-Action in Controlling Toxic Water Pollution?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sanchez-Choliz, Julio & Duarte, Rosa, 2005. "Water pollution in the Spanish economy: analysis of sensitivity to production and environmental constraints," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 325-338, May.
- Hasler, Berit & Lundhede, Thomas, 2005. "Are Agricultural Measures for Groundwater Protection Beneficial When Compared to Purification of Polluted Groundwater?," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24587, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bryan J. Hubbell & Jeffrey L. Jordan, 2000. "Joint Production and Averting Expenditure Measures of Willingness to Pay: Do Water Expenditures Really Measure Avoidance Costs?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(2), pages 427-437.
- Daniel J. Phaneuf & Catherine L. Kling & Joseph A. Herriges, 2000.
"Estimation and Welfare Calculations in a Generalized Corner Solution Model with an Application to Recreation Demand,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 83-92, February.
- Daniel J. Phaneuf & Catherine L. Kling & Joseph A. Herriges, 1998. "Estimation and Welfare Calculations in a Generalized Corner Solution Model with an Application to Recreation Demand," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 99-wp207, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Phaneuf, Daniel J. & Kling, Catherine L. & Herriges, Joseph A., 2000. "Estimation and Welfare Calculations in a Generalized Corner Solution Model with an Application to Recreation Demand," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1355, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Seung-Jun Kwak & Clifford Russell, 1994. "Contingent valuation in Korean environmental planning: A pilot application to the protection of drinking water quality in Seoul," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(5), pages 511-526, October.
- Anna Alberini & Alan Krupnick, 2000. "Cost-of-Illness and Willingness-to-Pay Estimates of the Benefits of Improved Air Quality: Evidence from Taiwan," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(1), pages 37-53.
- Alberini, Anna & Zanatta, Valentina & Rosato, Paolo, 2007.
"Combining actual and contingent behavior to estimate the value of sports fishing in the Lagoon of Venice,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 530-541, March.
- Anna Alberini & Valentina Zanatta & Paolo Rosato, 2005. "Combining Actual and Contingent Behavior to Estimate the Value of Sports Fishing in the Lagoon of Venice," Working Papers 2005.44, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Robert L. Raucher, 1986. "The Benefits and Costs of Policies Related to Groundwater Contamination," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(1), pages 33-45.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2008.
"Evaluating the Benefits of Non-marginal Reductions in Pollution Using Information on Defensive Expenditures,"
Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Joseph Herriges & Catherine L. Kling (ed.), Revealed Preference Approaches to Environmental Valuation, volume 0, pages 459-475
W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Bartik, Timothy J., 1988. "Evaluating the benefits of non-marginal reductions in pollution using information on defensive expenditures," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 111-127, March.
- Hanley, Nick, 1990. "The Economics of Nitrate Pollution," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 17(2), pages 129-151.
- Dickie, Mark & Gerking, Shelby, 1996.
"Formation of Risk Beliefs, Joint Production and Willingness to Pay to Avoid Skin Cancer,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 451-463, August.
- Dickie, M. & Gerking, S., 1993. "Formation of Risk Beleifs, Joint Production and Willingness to Pay to Avoid Skin Cancer," Papers 398e, Georgia - College of Business Administration, Department of Economics.
- Harrington, Winston & Krupnick, Alan J. & Spofford, Walter Jr., 1989. "The economic losses of a waterborne disease outbreak," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 116-137, January.
- Brouwer, Roy, 2006. "Do stated preference methods stand the test of time? A test of the stability of contingent values and models for health risks when facing an extreme event," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 399-406, December.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironment & the Developing World; Hydrology; Transport Geography; Environmental Economics and Policy; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umcicp:6656. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ciumnus.html .