The Evolution of Economics Clubs: 1777-2000
Replaced with revised version of paper 01/30/06.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 231ClaOff Building, 1994 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108-6040|
Phone: (612) 625-1222
Fax: (612) 625-6245
Web page: http://www.apec.umn.edu
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leland, Hayne E, 1979. "Quacks, Lemons, and Licensing: A Theory of Minimum Quality Standards," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1328-46, December.
- Harberger, Arnold C, 1993. "The Search for Relevance in Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 1-16, May.
- Robert Innes, 1999. "Self-Policing and Optimal Law Enforcement When Violator Remediation is Valuable," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(6), pages 1305-1325, December.
- Milton Friedman & Simon Kuznets, 1954. "Income from Independent Professional Practice," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie54-1, October.
- Cornes,Richard & Sandler,Todd, 1996. "The Theory of Externalities, Public Goods, and Club Goods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521477185.
- Law, Marc T. & Kim, Sukkoo, 2005.
"Specialization and Regulation: The Rise of Professionals and the Emergence of Occupational Licensing Regulation,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 65(03), pages 723-756, September.
- Marc T. Law & Sukkoo Kim, 2004. "Specialization and Regulation: The Rise of Professionals and the Emergence of Occupational Licensing Regulation," NBER Working Papers 10467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Coats, A W, 1985. "The American Economic Association and the Economics Profession," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(4), pages 1697-1727, December.
- John J. Siegfried & Wendy A. Stock, 1999. "The Labor Market for New Ph.D. Economists," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 115-134, Summer.
- J. Laurence Laughlin, 1893. "The Study of Political Economy in the United States," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1, pages 1.
- Metcalfe, J. S. & Miles, Ian, 1994. "Standards, selection and variety: an evolutionary approach," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(3-4), pages 243-268, December.
- John J. Siegfried, 1998. "Who Is a Member of the AEA?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 211-222, Spring.
- S. J.Butlin, 1947. "The Australian Economic Association, 1887–1898," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 23(1), pages 20-31, 06.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umaesp:14135. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.