Weather, Technology, and Corn and Soybean Yields in the U.S. Corn Belt
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Good, Darrel L. & Irwin, Scott H., 2006. "Understanding USDA Corn and Soybean Production Forecasts: Methods, Performance and Market Impacts over 1970 - 2005," AgMAS Project Research Reports 37514, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics.
- Evelyn V. Colino & Scott H. Irwin, 2010.
"Outlook vs. Futures: Three Decades of Evidence in Hog and Cattle Markets,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(1), pages 1-15.
- Colino, Evelyn V. & Irwin, Scott H., 2007. "Outlook vs. Futures: Three Decades of Evidence in Hog and Cattle Markets," 2007 Conference, April 16-17, 2007, Chicago, Illinois 37577, NCCC-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- James W. Mjelde & Harvey S.J. Hill & John F. Griffiths, 1998. "A Review of Current Evidence on Climate Forecasts and Their Economic Effects in Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1089-1095.
- Michael P. Clements & David F. Hendry, 2002. "Modelling methodology and forecast failure," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(2), pages 319-344, June.
- Harvey, David I & Leybourne, Stephen J & Newbold, Paul, 1998. "Tests for Forecast Encompassing," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(2), pages 254-259, April.
- Robert K. Kaufmann & Seth E. Snell, 1997. "A Biophysical Model of Corn Yield: Integrating Climatic and Social Determinants," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 178-190.
- Kruse, John & Smith, Darnell, 1994. "Yield Estimation Throughout the Growing Season," Staff General Research Papers Archive 768, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lynch, Alee L. & Holt, Matthew T. & Gray, Allan W., 2007. "Modeling Technical Change in Midwest Corn Yields, 1895-2005: A Time Varying-Regression Approach," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9896, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hennessy, David A., 2009. "Crop Yield Skewness and the Normal Distribution," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(1), April.
- Irwin, Scott & Good, Darrel, 0. "Forming Expectations for the 2016 U.S. Average Corn Yield: What About El Niño?," farmdoc daily, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics.
- Conradt, Sarah & Bokusheva, Raushan & Finger, Robert & Kussaiynov, Talgat, 0. "Yield Trend Estimation in the Presence of Farm Heterogeneity and Non-linear Technological Change," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 53.
- Sheppard, Jessica, 2009. "Are Corn and Soybean Trend Yields Changing in Illinois?," SS-AAEA Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chung, Wonho, 2013. "Reducing the Social Cost of Federal Crop Insurance: A Role for US Government Hedging with Weather Derivatives," Journal of Rural Development/Nongchon-Gyeongje, Korea Rural Economic Institute, vol. 36(2), August.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural Finance; Financial Economics; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-12-01 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-FOR-2008-12-01 (Forecasting)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uiucmr:37501. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauiuus.html .