The Derived Demand for Imported Cheese into Hong Kong
The objective of this paper is to provide the U.S. dairy industry with empirical estimates of Hong Kong's derived demand for imported cheese from the U.S. These estimates were used to project the effects of the European Union (E.U.) subsidy reductions on the U.S. share of Hong Kong cheese imports. Hong Kong cheese imports from the U.S. were projected to increase by 16.96% if subsidy reductions continue at the same pace as the 1994 GATT agreement and 33.92% if reductions were twice the pace.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.iatpc.ifas.ufl.edu/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Terry L. Kastens & Gary W. Brester, 1996. "Model Selection and Forecasting Ability of Theory-Constrained Food Demand Systems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 301-312.
- Charles M. Beach & James G. MacKinnon, 1977.
"Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Singular Equation Systems with Autoregressive Disturbances,"
276, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Beach, Charles M & MacKinnon, James G, 1979. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Singular Equation Systems with Autoregressive Disturbances," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 20(2), pages 459-64, June.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Savin, N Eugene, 1975. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing in Singular Equation Systems with Autoregressive Disturbances," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(5-6), pages 937-57, Sept.-Nov.
- William D. DOBSON, 1995. "Prospects For U.S. Dairy Exports," Staff Papers 382, University of Wisconsin Madison, AAE.
- George C. Davis, 1997. "Product Aggregation Bias as a Specification Error in Demand Systems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 100-109.
- Green, Richard D. & Hassan, Zuhair A. & Johnson, Stanley R., 1978. "Maximum likelihood estimation of linear expenditure systems with serially correlated errors : An application," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 207-219, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uflopb:15694. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.