On the Accuracy of Nielsen Homescan Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jerry Hausman & Ephraim Leibtag, 2007.
"Consumer benefits from increased competition in shopping outlets: Measuring the effect of Wal-Mart,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 1157-1177.
- Jerry Hausman & Ephraim Leibtag, 2005. "Consumer Benefits from Increased Competition in Shopping Outlets: Measuring the Effect of Wal-Mart," NBER Working Papers 11809, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jerry Hausman & Ephraim Leibtag, 2006. "Consumer Benefits from Increased Competition in Shopping Outlets: Measuring the Effect of Wal-Mart," CeMMAP working papers CWP06/06, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Davis, Chris & Blayney, Don & Yen, Steven & Cooper, Joseph C., 2009. "An analysis of at-home demand for ice cream in the United States," MPRA Paper 24782, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jakina Debnam, 2017.
"Selection Effects and Heterogeneous Demand Responses to the Berkeley Soda Tax Vote,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 99(5), pages 1172-1187.
- Debnam, Jakina, 2016. "Selection Effects and Heterogeneous Demand Responses to the Berkeley Soda Tax Vote," 2017 Allied Social Sciences Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 6-8, 2017, Chicago, Illinois 250110, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:zwi:journl:v:6:y:2011:i:4:p:335-353 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davis, Christopher G. & Dong, Diansheng & Blayney, Donald P. & Owens, Ashley, 2010. "An Analysis of U.S. Household Dairy Demand," Technical Bulletins 184308, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Damon, Amy L. & King, Robert P. & Leibtag, Ephraim, 2013. "First of the month effect: Does it apply across food retail channels?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 18-27.
- Allender, William J. & Richards, Timothy J., 2012. "Brand Loyalty and Price Promotion Strategies: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 323-342.
- William Hahn & Hayden Stewart & Donald P. Blayney & Christopher G. Davis, 2016.
"Modeling price transmission between farm and retail prices: a soft switches approach,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(2), pages 193-203, March.
- Hahn, William F & Stewart, Hayden & Blayney, Donald P & Davis, Christopher G., 2015. "Modeling Price Transmission between Farm and Retail Prices: A Soft Switches Approach," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 204951, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Rahkovsky, Ilya & Snyder, Samantha, 2015. "Food Choices and Store Proximity," Economic Research Report 210316, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Rolando, Dominique J., 2018. "Would a discount on fruits and vegetables provide more relative welfare to the poor? Evaluating the impact of policy mechanisms," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 273848, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Liran Einav & Ephraim Leibtag & Aviv Nevo, 2008.
"Not-so-Classical Measurement Errors: A Validation Study of Homescan,"
NBER Working Papers
14436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liran Einav & Ephraim Leibtag & Aviv Nevoy, 2008. "Not-So-Classical Measurement Errors: A Validation Study of Homescan," Discussion Papers 08-007, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Leibtag, Ephraim S. & Barker, Catherine & Dutko, Paula, 2010. "How Much Lower Are Prices at Discount Stores? An Examination of Retail Food Prices," Economic Research Report 96767, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Irani-Kermani, Roozbeh & Jaenicke, Edward C., 2017. "Accommodating Heterogeneity in Brand Loyalty Estimation: Application to the U.S. Beer Retail," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258203, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:oup:apecpp:v:38:y:2016:i:4:p:00-00. is not listed on IDEAS
- Buzby, Jean C. & Hyman, Jeffrey, 2012. "Total and per capita value of food loss in the United States," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 561-570.
- Griffith, Rachel & Krol, Michal & Smith, Kate, 2015. "Store Brands and the Role of Advertising," CEPR Discussion Papers 10877, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Irani-Kermani, Roozbeh & Jaenicke, Edward C., 2018. "Generalizing Variety Seeking Measurement from Brand Space to Product Attribute Space," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 273818, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:bla:econom:v:84:y:2017:i:333:p:34-53 is not listed on IDEAS
- Todd, Jessica E. & Mancino, Lisa & Leibtag, Ephraim S. & Tripodo, Christina, 2010. "Methodology Behind the Quarterly Food-at-Home Price Database," Technical Bulletins 97799, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Liran Einav & Ephraim Leibtag & Aviv Nevo, 2010. "Recording discrepancies in Nielsen Homescan data: Are they present and do they matter?," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 207-239, June.
- Rachel Griffith & Martin O'Connell & Kate Smith, 2017.
"The Importance of Product Reformulation Versus Consumer Choice in Improving Diet Quality,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 84(333), pages 34-53, January.
- Rachel Griffith & Martin O'Connell & Kate Smith, 2014. "The importance of product reformulation versus consumer choice in improving diet quality," IFS Working Papers W14/15, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Christian Broda & Ephraim Leibtag & David E. Weinstein, 2009. "The Role of Prices in Measuring the Poor's Living Standards," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 77-97, Spring.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Consumer/Household Economics; Demand and Price Analysis; Institutional and Behavioral Economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uersrr:56490. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.