The National School Lunch Program: Background, Trends, and Issues
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Philip M. Gleason & Carol W. Suitor, 2003. "Eating at School: How the National School Lunch Program Affects Children's Diets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 1047-1061.
- Anonymous & Hamilton, William L. & Lin, Biing-Hwan, 2004. "Effects Of Food Assistance And Nutrition Programs On Nutrition And Health: Volume 3, Literature Review," Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Reports 33863, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Sharon K. Long, 1991. "Do the School Nutrition Programs Supplement Household Food Expenditures?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(4), pages 654-678.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:mpr:mprres:6342 is not listed on IDEAS
- Just, David R. & Wansink, Brian & Mancino, Lisa & Guthrie, Joanne F., 2008. "Behavioral Economic Concepts To Encourage Healthy Eating in School Cafeterias: Experiments and Lessons From College Students," Economic Research Report 56489, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Smith, Travis A., 2013. ""Billions and Billions Served" Heterogeneous Effects of Food Source on Child Dietary Quality," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151212, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Dimitri, Carolyn & Hanson, James C. & Oberholtzer, Lydia, 2012. "Local Food in Maryland Schools: A Real Possibility or a Wishful Dream?," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 43(2), July.
- Leos-Urbel, Jacob & Schwartz, Amy Ellen & Weinstein, Meryle & Corcoran, Sean, 2013. "Not just for poor kids: The impact of universal free school breakfast on meal participation and student outcomes," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 88-107.
- Ollinger, Michael & Guthrie, Joanne, 2015. "Economies of Scale, the Lunch-Breakfast Ratio, and the Cost of USDA School Breakfasts and Lunches," Economic Research Report 212480, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Philip Gleason & Ronette Briefel & Ander Wilson & Allison Hedley Dodd, 2009. "School Meal Program Participation and Its Association with Dietary Patterns and Childhood Obesity," Mathematica Policy Research Reports c1c533c65a3d4883a9b227c21, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Conner, David S. & Izumi, Betty T. & Liquori, Toni & Hamm, Michael W., 2012. "Sustainable School Food Procurement in Large Kâ€“12 Districts: Prospects for Value Chain Partnerships," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 41(1), April.
- Todd, Jessica E. & Scharadin, Benjamin, 2016. "Where Households Get Food in a Typical Week: Findings From USDA's FoodAPS," Economic Information Bulletin 242450, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Lin, Biing-Hwan & Guthrie, Joanne F., 2012. "Nutritional Quality of Food Prepared at Home and Away From Home, 1977-2008," Economic Information Bulletin 142361, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- repec:oup:ajagec:v:99:y:2017:i:2:p:339-356. is not listed on IDEAS
- Peckham, Janet G. & Kropp, Jaclyn D., 2012. "Are National School Lunch Program Participants More Likely to be Obese? Dealing with Identification," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124905, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Thapa, Janani R. & Lyford, Conrad P., 2014. "Behavioral Economics in the School Lunchroom: Can it Affect Food Supplier Decisions? A Systematic Review," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 17(A).
- Peckham, Janet G. & Kropp, Jaclyn D. & Mroz, Thomas A. & Haley-Zitlin, Vivian & Granberg, Ellen M. & Hawthorne, Nikki, 2013. "Do School Lunch Menus Influence National School Lunch Program Participation?," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150398, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mancino, Lisa & Todd, Jessica E. & Guthrie, Joanne F. & Lin, Biing-Hwan, 2010. "How Food Away From Home Affects Children's Diet Quality," Economic Research Report 134700, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
More about this item
KeywordsNational School Lunch Program; child nutrition; obesity; food assistance; Agricultural and Food Policy; Health Economics and Policy; Public Economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uersrr:56464. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.