Intergenerational Management Transfers in Family Farm Businesses
Family farm management is often transferred separately from farm ownership. This article determines the impact of variables affecting management transfer decisions. Agricultural Resource Management Survey data are used to investigate variable impacts. Results indicate operator demographics, business planning practices, and value of farm and non-farm assets impact management transfer decisions.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cox, Donald, 1987. "Motives for Private Income Transfers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 508-546, June.
- Pesquin, Claudio & Kimhi, Ayal & Kislev, Yoav, 1996.
"Old Age Security and Intergenerational Transfer of Family Farms,"
232689, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Center for Agricultural Economic Research.
- Pesquin, Claudio & Kimhi, Ayal & Kislev, Yoav, 1999. "Old Age Security and Inter-Generational Transfer of Family Farms," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 26(1), pages 19-37, March.
- Pesquin, Claudio & Kimhi, Ayal & Kislev, Yoav, 1996. "Old Age Security and Intergenerational Transfer of Family Farms," Working Papers 232689, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Center for Agricultural Economic Research.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986.
"The Strategic Bequest Motive,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 151-182, July.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & El-Osta, Hisham S. & Shaik, Saleem, 2010. "Succession Decisions in U.S. Family Farm Businesses," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(1), April.
- Gary S. Becker, 1974.
"A Theory of Social Interactions,"
NBER Working Papers
0042, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cox, Donald & Rank, Mark R, 1992. "Inter-vivos Transfers and Intergenerational Exchange," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 305-314, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea13:142731. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.