Testing Alternative Methods of Varietal Identification Using DNA Fingerprinting: Results of Pilot Studies in Ghana and Zambia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Di Zeng & Jeffrey Alwang & George W. Norton & Bekele Shiferaw & Moti Jaleta & Chilot Yirga, 2015.
"Ex post impacts of improved maize varieties on poverty in rural Ethiopia,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(4), pages 515-526, July.
- Zeng, Di & Alwang, Jeffrey Roger & Norton, George W. & Shiferaw, Bekele & Jaleta, Moti & Yirga, Chilot, 2013. "Ex-Post Impacts of Improved Maize Varieties on Poverty in Rural Ethiopia," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149823, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Kassie, Menale & Jaleta, Moti & Yirga, Chilot, 2014. "Adoption of improved wheat varieties and impacts on household food security in Ethiopia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 272-284.
- Mathenge, Mary K. & Smale, Melinda & Olwande, John, 2014. "The impacts of hybrid maize seed on the welfare of farming households in Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 262-271.
- Morris, M.L. & Heisey, P.W., 2003. "Estimating the benefits of plant breeding research: methodological issues and practical challenges," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 29(3), December.
- Kosmowski,Frederic & Aragaw,Abiyot & Kilian,Andrzej & Ambel,Alemayehu A. & Ilukor,John & Yigezu,Biratu & Stevenson,James, 2016. "Varietal identification in household surveys : results from an experiment using DNA fingerprinting of sweet potato leaves in southern Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7812, The World Bank.
- Zvi Griliches, 1958. "Research Costs and Social Returns: Hybrid Corn and Related Innovations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 419-419.
- Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele & Muricho, Geoffrey, 2011. "Agricultural Technology, Crop Income, and Poverty Alleviation in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1784-1795.
- Morris, M. L. & Heisey, P. W., 2003. "Estimating the benefits of plant breeding research: methodological issues and practical challenges," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 241-252, December.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Development; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-30 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:midiwp:246950. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damsuus.html .