Agricultural Market Performance and Determinants of Fertilizer Use in Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Negassa, Asfaw & Jayne, Thomas S., 1997. "The Response of Ethiopian Grain Markets to Liberalization," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55595, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yanggen, David & Kelly, Valerie A. & Reardon, Thomas & Naseem, Anwar, 1998. "Incentives for Fertilizer Use in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Review of Empirical Evidence on Fertilizer Response and Profitability," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54677, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Spielman, David J. & Mekonnen, Dawit Kelemework & Alemu, Dawit, 2012.
"Seed, fertilizer, and agricultural extension in Ethiopia,"
IFPRI book chapters,in: Food and agriculture in Ethiopia: Progress and policy challenges, chapter 4
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Spielman, David J. & Kelemwork, Dawit & Alemu, Dawit, 2011. "Seed, fertilizer, and agricultural extension in Ethiopia:," ESSP working papers 20, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Alemu, Zerihun Gudeta & Oosthuizen, L.K. & van Schalkwyk, Herman D., 2003. "The Effect And Persistence Of Major Changes In Economic Policies On The Long-Term Performance (Trend) Of Ethiopian Agriculture," 2003 Annual Conference, October 2-3, 2003, Pretoria, South Africa 19089, Agricultural Economic Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Larson, Donald F. & Gurara, Daniel Zerfu, 2013. "A conceptual model of incomplete markets and the consequences for technology adoption policies in Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6681, The World Bank.
- Adenew, Berhanu, 2004. "The Food Security Role of Agriculture in Ethiopia," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 1(1).
- Yonas Alem & Mintewab Bezabih & Menale Kassie & Precious Zikhali, 2010.
"Does fertilizer use respond to rainfall variability? Panel data evidence from Ethiopia,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(2), pages 165-175, March.
- Alem, Yonas & Bezabih, Mintewab & Kassie, Menale & Zikhali, Precious, 2009. "Does Fertilizer Use Respond to Rainfall Variability? Panel Data Evidence from Ethiopia," Working Papers in Economics 337, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Rashid, Shahidur & Tefera, Nigussie & Minot, Nicholas & Ayele, Gezahegn, 2013. "Fertilizer in Ethiopia: An assessment of policies, value chain, and profitability:," IFPRI discussion papers 1304, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kelly, Valerie & Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Gordon, Ann, 2003. "Expanding access to agricultural inputs in Africa: a review of recent market development experience," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 379-404, August.
- Wanzala, Maria & Jayne, Thom S. & Staatz, John M. & Mugera, Amin & Kirimi, Justus & Owuor, Joseph, 2001.
"Agricultural Production Incentives: Fertilizer Markets and Insights from Kenya,"
202677, Egerton University, Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development.
- Wanzala, Maria N. & Jayne, Thomas S. & Staatz, John M. & Mugera, Amin W. & Kirimi, Justus & Owuor, Joseph, 2001. "Agricultural Production Incentives: Fertilizer Markets and Insights from Kenya," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55150, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Shimeles, Abebe & Gurara, Daniel Zerfu & Birhanu Tessema, Dawit, 2015. "Market Distortions and Political Rent: The Case of Fertilizer Price Divergence in Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 8998, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kelly, Valerie A., 2005. "Farmers' Demand for Fertilizer in Sub-Saharan Africa," Staff Papers 11612, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Kefyalew Endale, 2011. "Fertilizer Consumption and Agricultural Productivity in Ethiopia," Working Papers 003, Ethiopian Development Research Institute.
- Haileslassie, Amare & Priess, Joerg A. & Veldkamp, Edzo & Lesschen, Jan Peter, 2007. "Nutrient flows and balances at the field and farm scale: Exploring effects of land-use strategies and access to resources," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 459-470, May.
- Alemu, Zerihun Gudeta, 2005. "Causes Of Instability In Cereal Production In Ethiopia," Working Paper Series 28073, University of the Free State, Department of Agricultural Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsfood security; food policy; Ethiopia; fertilizer use; Crop Production/Industries; Marketing; Q18;
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:midcwp:55599. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damsuus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .