The cost of accuracy in crop area estimation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Murphy, J. & Casley, D.J. & Curry, J.J., 1991. "Farmers'estimations as a source of production data: methodological guidelines for cereals in Africa," Papers 132, World Bank - Technical Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barrett, C. & Abay, K. & Abate, G. & Bernard, T., 2018.
"Correlated Non-Classical Measurement Errors, Second Best Policy Inference and the Inverse Size-Productivity Relationship in Agriculture,"
2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia
276985, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Abay, Kibrom A. & Abate, Gashaw & Barrett, Christopher B. & Bernard, Tanguy, 2018. "Correlated Non-Classical Measurement Errors, ‘Second Best’ Policy Inference and the Inverse Size-Productivity Relationship in Agriculture," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274248, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Desiere, Sam, 2016. "The inverse productivity size relationship: can it be explained by systematic measurement error in self-reported production?," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246971, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Holden, Stein T. & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2014.
"The roles of land tenure reforms and land markets in the context of population growth and land use intensification in Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 88-97.
- Holden, Stein & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2013. "The Roles of Land Tenure Reforms and Land Markets in the Context of Population Growth and Land Use Intensification in Africa," CLTS Working Papers 15/13, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Kilic, Talip & Zezza, Alberto & Carletto, Calogero & Savastano, Sara, 2017.
"Missing(ness) in Action: Selectivity Bias in GPS-Based Land Area Measurements,"
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 143-157.
- Kilic, Talip & Zezza, Alberto & Carletto, Calogero & Savastano, Sara, 2013. "Missing(ness) in action : selectivity bias in GPS-based land area measurements," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6490, The World Bank.
- GOUNDAN, Anatole & MAGNE DOMGHO, Léa Vicky, 2016. "Land Area Measurement bias: Evidence from West African countries," MPRA Paper 75476, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carletto, Calogero & Savastano, Sara & Zezza, Alberto, 2013.
"Fact or artifact: The impact of measurement errors on the farm size–productivity relationship,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 254-261.
- Carletto, Calogero & Savastano, Sara & Zezza, Alberto, 2011. "Fact or artefact : the impact of measurement errors on the farm size - productivity relationship," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5908, The World Bank.
- Holden, Stein & Fisher, Monica, 2013. "Can area measurement error explain the inverse farm size productivity relationship?," CLTS Working Papers 12/13, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Basile Boulay, 2018. "Revisiting the old debate: on the relationship between size and productivity in Tanzania," Discussion Papers 2018-02, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Fermont, Anneke & Benson, Todd, 2011. "Estimating yield of food crops grown by smallholder farmers: A review in the Uganda context," IFPRI discussion papers 1097, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Carletto, Calogero & Gourlay, Sydney & Winters, Paul, 2013. "From guesstimates to GPStimates : land area measurement and implications for agricultural analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6550, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:84:y:2005:i:1:p:21-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.