Macro-Economic Policy, Export Competitiveness and Poverty in Kenya: A General Equilibrium Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Demery, Lionel & Addison, Tony, 1987. "Stabilization policy and income distribution in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(12), pages 1483-1498, December.
- Balassa, Bela, 1990. "Incentive policies and export performance in sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 383-391, March.
- Helleiner, Gerald K., 1987. "Stabilization, adjustment, and the poor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(12), pages 1499-1513, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Tyler, Godfrey J. & Akinboade, Oludele A., 1992. "Structural Adjustment, Agriculture, and the Poor: A General Equilibrium Analysis of the Kenyan Economy," 1992 Occasional Paper Series No. 6 197888, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1999.
"The effects of real exchange rate depreciation on stochastic producer prices in low-income agriculture,"
Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 215-230, May.
- Christopher B. Barrett, 1999. "The effects of real exchange rate depreciation on stochastic producer prices in low‐income agriculture," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 20(3), pages 215-230, May.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1998. "The Effects Of Real Exchange Rate Depreciation On Stochastic Producer Prices In Low Income Agriculture," Economics Research Institute, ERI Study Papers 28365, Utah State University, Economics Department.
- Sushanta K. Mallick, 2014.
"Disentangling the Poverty Effects of Sectoral Output, Prices, and Policies in India,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(4), pages 773-801, December.
- Sushanta K. Mallick, 2012. "Disentangling the poverty effects of sectoral output, prices and policies in India," Development Papers 1202, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) South and South-West Asia Office.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1998. "Immiserized growth in liberalized agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 743-753, May.
- Floribert Ngaruko, 2003. "Agricultural Export Performance in Africa: Elements of comparison with Asia," Working Papers 03-09, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Nouira, Ridha & Plane, Patrick & Sekkat, Khalid, 2011.
"Exchange rate undervaluation and manufactured exports: A deliberate strategy?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 584-601.
- Ridha Nouira & Patrick Plane & Khalid Sekkat, 2010. "Exchange Rate Undervaluation and Manufactured Exports: A Deliberate Strategy?," Working Papers 510, Economic Research Forum, revised 03 Jan 2010.
- Ridha Nouira & Patrick Plane & K. Sekkat, 2011. "Exchange Rate Undervaluation and Manufactured Exports: A Deliberate Strategy?," Working Papers halshs-00617573, HAL.
- Patrick Plane & Ridha Nouira & K Sekkat, 2010. "Exchange Rate Undervaluation And Manufactured Exports: A Deliberate Strategy?," Post-Print halshs-00673445, HAL.
- Patrick Plane & Ridha Nouira & K Sekkat, 2011. "Exchange Rate Undervaluation and Manufactured Exports: A Deliberate Strategy?," Post-Print halshs-00666945, HAL.
- SEKKAT & Patrick PLANE & Ridha NOUIRA, 2011. "Exchange Rate Undervaluation and Manufactured Exports: A Deliberate Strategy?," Working Papers 201125, CERDI.
- Meijer, A.E.M. & Vingerhoets, J.W.A., 1989. "Structural adjustment and diversification in mineral exporting developing countries," Research Memorandum FEW 395, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Patrick PLANE & Ridha NOUIRA & SEKKAT, 2010.
"Exchange Rate Undervaluation to Foster Manufactured Exports: A Deliberate Strategy?,"
- Patrick Plane & Ridha Nouira & K. Sekkat, 2011. "Exchange Rate Undervaluation to Foster Manufactured Exports: A Deliberate Strategy?," Working Papers halshs-00553163, HAL.
- Turan Subasat, 2008. "Exchange Rate Policies: Fact or Fiction in the Rise of High Performance Asian Economies," Working Papers 0802, Izmir University of Economics.
- Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney, 1988. "Dévaluer en Afrique ?," Revue de l'OFCE, Programme National Persée, vol. 25(1), pages 123-143.
- Coppola,Andrea & Lagerborg,Andresa & Mustafaoglu,Zafer, 2016. "Estimating an equilibrium exchange rate for the Argentine Peso," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7682, The World Bank.
- Maasland, Anne, 1990. "Methods for measuring the effect of adjustment policies on income distribution," Policy Research Working Paper Series 474, The World Bank.
- Marie-Ange VEGANZONES-VAROUDAKIS & NABLI, 2002. "Exchange Rate Regime and Competitiveness of Manufactured Exports: The case of MENA Countries," Working Papers 200230, CERDI.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 2007. "Budget Policy and Income Distribution," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0707, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Badiane, Ousmane, 1990. "The Role of Agriculture and Trade In Economic Development," 1990 Symposium, Agricultural Restructuring in Southern Africa, July 24-27, 1990, Swakopmund, Namibia 183495, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dean DeRosa, 1992. "Protection and export performance in Sub-Saharan Africa," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 128(1), pages 88-124, March.
- Sekkat, Khalid & Varoudakis, Aristomene, 2000.
"Exchange rate management and manufactured exports in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 237-253, February.
- Khalid Sekkat & Aristomene Varoudakis, 1998. "Exchange-Rate Management and Manufactured Exports in Sub-Saharan Africa," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 134, OECD Publishing.
- Khalid Sekkat & Aristomene Varoudakis, 2000. "Exchange rate management and manufactured exports in Sub-Saharan Africa," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7342, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Yongzheng Yang & Robert Powell & Sanjeev Gupta, 2005. "The Macroeconomic Challenges of Scaling Up Aid to Africa," IMF Working Papers 05/179, International Monetary Fund.
- Nath, S. K., 1988. "Political Economy of Adjustment in Developing Countries and their Labour Markets," Discussion Papers 272834, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Ngongang, Elie, 2011. "Impact of Exchange Rate Policy on the Trade of Industrial Products in Sub-Saharan Africa from 1975 to 2007," Review of Applied Economics, Lincoln University, Department of Financial and Business Systems, vol. 7(1-2), pages 1-27, March.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Relations/Trade; Marketing; Production Economics; Public Economics;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaaeo7:198049. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.