Structural Adjustment Intensity, Vulnerability and Poverty in Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ariel Barraud & German Calfat, 2008.
"Poverty Effects from Trade Liberalisation in Argentina,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 365-383.
- Barraud, Ariel A. & Calfat, Germán, 2005. "Poverty effects from trade liberalisation in Argentina," IOB Discussion Papers 2005.04, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Barraud, Ariel & Calfat, Germán, 2006. "Poverty effects from trade liberalisation in Argentina," IOB Working Papers 2006.04, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Ravi Kanbur, S. M., 1987.
"Structural adjustment, macroeconomic adjustment and poverty: A methodology for analysis,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(12), pages 1515-1526, December.
- Kanbur, Ravi, 1986. "Structural Adjustment, Macroeconomic Adjustment and Poverty: A Methodology for Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 132, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barro, Robert J & Lee, Jong-Wha, 2001.
"International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 541-563, July.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications," CID Working Papers 42, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications," CID Working Papers 42A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment Updates and Implications," NBER Working Papers 7911, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stefan Dercon, 2005. "Risk, Poverty and Vulnerability in Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 14(4), pages 483-488, December.
- Helleiner, Gerald K., 1987. "Stabilization, adjustment, and the poor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(12), pages 1499-1513, December.
- Mr. Mahmood Hasan Khan, 2000. "Rural Poverty in Developing Countries: Issues and Policies," IMF Working Papers 2000/078, International Monetary Fund.
- Demery, Lionel & Squire, Lyn, 1996. "Macroeconomic Adjustment and Poverty in Africa: An Emerging Picture," The World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 11(1), pages 39-59, February.
- Sackey Harry A., 2008. "Private Returns to Education in Ghana: Implications for Investments in Schooling and Migration," Working Papers 174, African Economic Research Consortium, Research Department.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D & Warner, Andrew M, 1997.
"Sources of Slow Growth in African Economies,"
Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 6(3), pages 335-376, October.
- Sachs, J-D & Warner, A-M, 1996. "Sources of Slow Growth in African Economies," Papers 545, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Onyeiwu, Steve, 1997. "Altruism and economic development: The case of the igbo of South-Eastern Nigeria," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 407-420.
- Tony Killick, 1995. "Structural Adjustment and Poverty Alleviation: An Interpretative Survey," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 26(2), pages 305-330, April.
- Marta Pascual, 2006. "The distribution of income over life: an empirical approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(7), pages 431-434.
- Gowdy, John & Iorgulescu, Raluca & Onyeiwu, Stephen, 2003. "Fairness and retaliation in a rural Nigerian village," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 469-479, December.
- Wright, Robert E & Ermisch, John F, 1991.
"Gender Discrimination in the British Labour Market: A Reassessment,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(406), pages 508-522, May.
- Ermisch, John F & Wright, Robert E, 1988. "Gender Discrimination in the British Labour Market: A Reassessment," CEPR Discussion Papers 278, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Howard White, 1996. "Adjustment in Africa," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 27(4), pages 785-815, October.
- Oleg Badunenko & Daniel Henderson & Romain Houssa, 2014.
"Significant drivers of growth in Africa,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 339-354, December.
- Oleg Badunenko & Daniel J. Henderson & Romain Houssa, 2012. "Significant Drivers of Growth in Africa," Working Papers 1208, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Jamison, Eliot A. & Jamison, Dean T. & Hanushek, Eric A., 2007.
"The effects of education quality on income growth and mortality decline,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 771-788, December.
- Eliot A. Jamison & Dean T. Jamison & Eric A. Hanushek, 2006. "The Effects of Education Quality on Income Growth and Mortality Decline," NBER Working Papers 12652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anne D. Boschini & Jan Pettersson & Jesper Roine, 2007.
"Resource Curse or Not: A Question of Appropriability,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 109(3), pages 593-617, September.
- Boschini, Anne & Pettersson, Jan & Roine, Jesper, 2003. "Resource curse or not: A question of appropriability," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 534, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Anne D. Boschini & Jan Pettersson & Jesper Roine, 2006. "Resource curse or not: A question of appropriability," DEGIT Conference Papers c011_050, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- World Bank, 2009. "Kenya - Poverty and Inequality Assessment : Executive Summary and Synthesis Report," World Bank Publications - Reports 3081, The World Bank Group.
- Humberto López & Luis Servén, 2015.
"Too Poor to Grow,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Ricardo J. Caballero & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (ed.),Economic Policies in Emerging-Market Economies Festschrift in Honor of Vittorio Corbo, edition 1, volume 21, chapter 13, pages 309-350,
Central Bank of Chile.
- Lopez, Humberto & Serven, Luis, 2009. "Too poor to grow," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5012, The World Bank.
- Sambit Bhattacharyya, 2009.
"Root Causes of African Underdevelopment,"
Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 18(5), pages 745-780, November.
- Sambit Bhattacharyya, 2007. "Root Causes of African Underdevelopment," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 200704, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Apr 2007.
- Sambit Bhattacharyya, 2008. "Root Causes of African Underdevelopment," Departmental Working Papers 2008-16, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Nana Yaw Oppong, 2014. "Failure of Structural Adjustment Programmes in Sub-Saharan Africa: Policy Design or Policy Implementation?," Journal of Empirical Economics, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 3(5), pages 321-331.
- Stan du Plessis & Sonja Keller, 2002. "Bias correction in a dynamic panel data model of economic growth: The African dummy re-examined," Working Papers 04/2002, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Amavilah, Voxi Heinrich, 2008. "Domestic resources, governance, global links, and the economic performance of Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 11193, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Katsiaryna Svirydzenka & Martin Petri, 2017.
"Mauritius: The Drivers of Growth – Can the Past Be Extended?,"
Journal of Banking and Financial Economics, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 2(8), pages 54-83, October.
- Mr. Martin Petri & Katsiaryna Svirydzenka, 2014. "Mauritius The Drivers of Growth—Can the Past be Extended?," IMF Working Papers 2014/134, International Monetary Fund.
- Kanbur, Ravi, 2000.
"Income distribution and development,"
Handbook of Income Distribution, in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 13, pages 791-841,
- Kanbur, Ravi, 1998. "Income Distribution and Development," Working Papers 179323, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Abdoulaye Diagne & Bity Diene, 2011. "Estimating Returns to Higher Education: A Survey of Models, Methods and Empirical Evidence," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 20(suppl_3), pages -132, August.
- Lahimer, Noomen, 2009. "La contribution des investissements directs étrangers à la réduction de la pauvreté en Afrique subsaharienne," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/1167 edited by Goaied, Mohamed & Bienaymé, Alain.
- Ulaşan, Bülent, 2012. "Cross-country growth empirics and model uncertainty: An overview," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal (2007-2020), Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel), vol. 6, pages 1-69.
- Oluwole Owoye & Olugbenga A. Onafowora, 2018. "The Role Of Educated Leaders In Economic Growth And Development: Evidence From Central African Republic And Singapore," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 65(01), pages 81-102, November.
- Jalles, João Tovar, 2010. "How to measure innovation? New evidence of the technology-growth linkage," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 81-96, June.
- Vito Pipitone & Luciano Seta, 2017. "A New Proposal to Model the Relationships between Total Factor Productivity, Institutions and Accumulation," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(4), pages 347-357.
- World Bank, 2005. "Agriculture and Achieving the Millennium Development Goals," World Bank Publications - Reports 8455, The World Bank Group.
- Nalan Baştürk & Richard Paap & Dick van Dijk, 2012. "Structural differences in economic growth: an endogenous clustering approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 119-134, January.
More about this item
Keywordspoverty; inequality; structural adjustment; rural development; human capital;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:jodeso:v:25:y:2009:i:1:p:27-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: SAGE Publications (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.