Farm Mechanization and Potential role of Robotics in Malawi
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Diao, Xinshen & Silver, Jed & Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2016. "Agricultural mechanization and agricultural transformation:," IFPRI discussion papers 1527, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Diao, Xinshen & Cossar, Frances & Houssou, Nazaire & Kolavalli, Shashidhara, 2014. "Mechanization in Ghana: Emerging demand, and the search for alternative supply models," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 168-181.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, Vernon W, 1970.
"Agricultural Productivity Differences Among Countries,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(5), pages 895-911, December.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, V.W., 1971. "Agricultural Productivity Differences Among Countries," Conference Papers 260195, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics.
- T.S. Jayne & Jordan Chamberlin & Lulama Traub & Nicholas Sitko & Milu Muyanga & Felix K. Yeboah & Ward Anseeuw & Antony Chapoto & Ayala Wineman & Chewe Nkonde & Richard Kachule, 2016. "Africa's changing farm size distribution patterns: the rise of medium-scale farms," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(S1), pages 197-214, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kumwenda, Ian & Nyekanyeka, Aubrey & Gausi, Uriah & Phiri, Benson & Kamwendo, Phinehas & Msokera, Tiyamike & Kadazi, Florence, 2020. "Farm Mechanization and Potential role of Robotics in Malawi," Agri-Tech Economics Papers 308161, Harper Adams University, Land, Farm & Agribusiness Management Department.
- Xinshen Diao & Agandin, John & Fang, Peixun & Justice, Scott E. & Kufoalor, Doreen & Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2018.
"Agricultural Mechanization In Ghana: Insights From A Recent Field Study,"
Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Papers
275679, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security (FSP).
- Diao, Xinshen & Agandin, John & Fang, Peixun & Justice, Scott E. & Kufoalor, Doreen S. & Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2018. "Agricultural mechanization in Ghana: Insights from a recent field study:," IFPRI discussion papers 1729, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Houssou, Nazaire & Diao, Xinshen, 2018. "Effects of tractor ownership on returns-to-scale in agriculture: Evidence from maize in Ghana," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 33-49.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2017.
"The roles of agroclimatic similarity and returns on scale in the demand for mechanization: Insights from northern Nigeria,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1692, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Takeshima, H., 2018. "The Roles of Agroclimatic Similarity and Returns to Scale in the Demand for Mechanization: Insights from Northern Nigeria," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277457, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2019. "The Roles of Agroclimatic Similarity and Returns on Scale in the Demand for Mechanization: Insights from Northern Nigeria," Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Papers 303020, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security (FSP).
- Thomas Daum & Regina Birner, 2017. "The neglected governance challenges of agricultural mechanisation in Africa – insights from Ghana," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 9(5), pages 959-979, October.
- Bahta, S. & Temoso, O. & Mekonnen, D. & Malope, P. & Staal, S., 2018. "Technical efficiency of beef production in agricultural districts of Botswana: A Latent Class Stochastic Frontier Model Approach," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277207, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Idachaba, Francis S., 1995. "Human Capital and African Agricultural Development," 1994 Conference, August 22-29, 1994, Harare, Zimbabwe 183411, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lovemore C. Gwiriri & James Bennett & Cletos Mapiye & Sara Burbi, 2021. "Emerging from Below? Understanding the Livelihood Trajectories of Smallholder Livestock Farmers in Eastern Cape Province, South Africa," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-24, February.
- Eberhardt, Markus & Vollrath, Dietrich, 2018. "The Effect of Agricultural Technology on the Speed of Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 483-496.
- Cossar, Frances, 2016. "Boserupian pressure and agricultural mechanization in modern Ghana:," IFPRI discussion papers 1528, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tristan Le Cotty & Bruno Dorin, 2012. "A global foresight on food crop needs for livestock," Post-Print hal-00800715, HAL.
- Anup Kumar Bhandari & Vipin V, 2018. "Does Export Intensity Affect Firm Performance? Evidence from Basic Metal Industry in India," Working Papers id:12767, eSocialSciences.
- Sheng, Yu & Xu, Xinpeng, 2019. "The productivity impact of climate change: Evidence from Australia's Millennium drought," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 182-191.
- Ravil Akhmadeev & Alexander Redkin & Nadezda Glubokova & Olga Bykanova & Liubov Malakhova & Anatoly Rogov, 2019. "Agro-industrial cluster: supporting the food security of the developing market economy," Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, VsI Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Center, vol. 7(2), pages 1149-1170, December.
- Patrick Devlin & Alan Godfrey, 1998. "Exporting accounting education to East Africa - squaring the circle," Accounting Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 269-285.
- Zúniga-González, Carlos Alberto, 2011. "Total Factor Productivity Growth in Agriculture: A Malmquist Index Analysis of 14 Countries, 1979-2008," Conference Papers 114036, National Autonomous University of Nicaragua, LeÃ³n (Unan-LeÃ³n), Researching Center for Applied Economics (RCAE).
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin, 1999.
"Have Price Policies Damaged Ldc Agricultural Productivity?,"
Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(4), pages 469-475, October.
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin, 2005. "Have Price Policies Damaged LDC Agricultural Productivity?," Development and Comp Systems 0502020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ogunyinka, Ebenezer & Langemeier, Michael R., 2004. "Examining Cross-Country Agricultural Productivity Differences," 2004 Annual Meeting, February 14-18, 2004, Tulsa, Oklahoma 34620, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Hu, Yue & Liu, Chang & Peng, Jiangang, 2021. "Financial inclusion and agricultural total factor productivity growth in China," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 68-82.
- Brady, Michael P. & Sohngen, Brent, 2008. "Agricultural Productivity, Technological Change, and Deforestation: A Global Analysis," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6420, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
KeywordsCrop Production/Industries; Farm Management; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2021-01-11 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:haaewp:308161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dlhauuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.