Land Use and Property Changes in Poland and in Hungary After EU Accession
Land property, in the post socialist countries, was rebuilt in the beginning of the 90’s. The process went in different way in Poland and in Hungary. The different initial conditions are resulted in different development in the agricultural economy of these two countries. Now the agriculture had different characteristics. Despite of the fact that there are different elements of ownership structures, the importance of farm land leases is increasing in both evaluated countries. Regarding to the competitiveness of agriculture, Poland showed a developing tendency after the accession, but Hungary suffers from serious problems. The aims and means of agricultural policy have gone through numerous changes throughout the last fifty years in the history of the European Union and its predecessors. Specialties deriving from the characteristics of agricultural production and its structure have come continuously in the foreground when shaping the aims and means of the policy. The sustainable usage of natural resources is of augmented importance, which is basically based on the limitation of land usage and the introduction of various incentives. The (Axis 2) measures serve this objective by enhancing the utilization and protection of arable land. The land use is affected by all the above.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Erik Mathijs & Nivelin Noev, 2004. "Subsistence Farming in Central and Eastern Europe : Empirical Evidence from Albania, Bulgaria, Hungary, and Romania," Eastern European Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 42(6), pages 72-89, November.
- Sadowski, Adam, 2008. "Polish Land Market Before And After Transition," Bulletin of the Szent Istvan University 43402, Szent Istvan University, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Lazikova, Jarmila & Bandlerova, Anna & Schwarcz, Pavol, 2008. "Agricultural Cooperatives And Their Development After The Transformation," Bulletin of the Szent Istvan University 43400, Szent Istvan University, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Johan Swinnen & Pavel Ciaian & d’Artis Kancs, 2008.
"Functioning of Land Markets in the EU Member States,"
Journal of Economics and Econometrics,
Economics and Econometrics Society, vol. 51(2), pages 48-62.
- Johan Swinnen & Pavel Ciaian & d’Artis Kancs, 2008. "Study on the Functioning of Land Markets in the EU Member States under the Influence of Measures applied under the Common Agricultural Policy," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2008_04, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae11:116338. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.