Alternative Approaches On Constructing A Composite Indicator To Measure Agricultural Sustainability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ebert, Udo & Welsch, Heinz, 2004. "Meaningful environmental indices: a social choice approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 270-283, March.
- Diaz-Balteiro, Luis & Romero, Carlos, 2004. "In search of a natural systems sustainability index," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 401-405, July.
- Giuseppe Munda, 2005. "“Measuring Sustainability”: A Multi-Criterion Framework," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 117-134, January.
- Michael Freudenberg, 2003. "Composite Indicators of Country Performance: A Critical Assessment," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2003/16, OECD Publishing.
- van Calker, K.J. & Berentsen, P.B.M. & Romero, C. & Giesen, G.W.J. & Huirne, R.B.M., 2006. "Development and application of a multi-attribute sustainability function for Dutch dairy farming systems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 640-658, June.
- Stephen Morse & Nora McNamara & Moses Acholo & Benjamin Okwoli, 2001. "Sustainability indicators: the problem of integration," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(1), pages 1-15.
- Stoorvogel, J. J. & Antle, J. M. & Crissman, C. C. & Bowen, W., 2004. "The tradeoff analysis model: integrated bio-physical and economic modeling of agricultural production systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 43-66, April.
- Easley, Robert F. & Valacich, Joseph S. & Venkataramanan, M. A., 2000. "Capturing group preferences in a multicriteria decision," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 73-83, August.
- Riesgo, Laura & Gomez-Limon, Jose A., 2006. "Multi-criteria policy scenario analysis for public regulation of irrigated agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 91(1-2), pages 1-28, November.
- Forman, Ernest & Peniwati, Kirti, 1998. "Aggregating individual judgments and priorities with the analytic hierarchy process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 165-169, July.
- Aguaron, Juan & Moreno-Jimenez, Jose Maria, 2000. "Local stability intervals in the analytic hierarchy process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 113-132, August.
- Gomez-Limon, Jose A. & Riesgo, Laura, 2004. "Irrigation water pricing: differential impacts on irrigated farms," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 31(1), pages 47-66, July.
- José A. Gómez-Limón & Ignacio Atance, 2004. "Identification of Public Objectives Related to Agricultural Sector Support," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/57, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Gomez-Limon, J.A. & Atance, I., 2004. "Identification of public objectives related to agricultural sector support," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(8-9), pages 1045-1071, December.
- Riesgo, Laura & Gomez-Limon, Jose Antonio, 2005. "Analisis de escenarios de polÃticas para la gestion publica en la agricultura de regadio," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 5(09).
- Hansen, J. W., 1996. "Is agricultural sustainability a useful concept?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 117-143.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Babili, Mahmoud & Al Somaya, Khitam & Badro, Bashar, 2016. "Measuring Syria’s exported tomato competitiveness in Iraqi and Russian markets by using Composite Competitiveness Indicator (CCI)," Working Papers 241340, National Agricultural Policy Center.
- Emma J. Dillon & Thia Hennessy & Stephen Hynes & Verena Commins, 2008. "Assessing the Sustainability of Irish Agriculture," Working Papers 0809, Rural Economy and Development Programme,Teagasc.
- Micha, Evgenia & Heanue, Kevin, 2015. "Profiling farm systems according to their sustainable performance: the Irish livestock sector," 89th Annual Conference, April 13-15, 2015, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 204216, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Vecchione, Gaetano, 2010. "EU rural policy: proposal and application of an agricultural sustainability index," MPRA Paper 27032, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dong, Fengxia & Mitchell, Paul D. & Hurley, Terrance M. & Frisvold, George B., 2016. "Quantifying Adoption Intensity for Weed-Resistance Management Practices and Its Determinants among U.S. Soybean, Corn, and Cotton Farmers," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(1), January.
- Anna Gaviglio & Mattia Bertocchi & Maria Elena Marescotti & Eugenio Demartini & Alberto Pirani, 2016. "The social pillar of sustainability: a quantitative approach at the farm level," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Nuno Boavida, 2011. "How composite indicators of innovation can influence technology policy decision?," IET Working Papers Series 03/2011, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, IET/CICS.NOVA-Interdisciplinary Centre on Social Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology.
- Nazli Aydin & Larry Mays & Theo Schmitt, 2014. "Sustainability Assessment of Urban Water Distribution Systems," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 28(12), pages 4373-4384, September.
- Dillon, Emma J. & Hennessy, Thia C. & Hynes, Stephen, 2009. "Towards Measurement of Farm Sustainability - an Irish case study," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51786, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Paolo Cupo & Rinalda Alberta Di Cerbo, 2016. "The determinants of ranking in sustainable efficiency of Italian farms," RIVISTA DI STUDI SULLA SOSTENIBILITA', FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(2), pages 141-159.
- Ryan, Mary & Buckley, Cathal & Dillon, Emma Jane & Donnellan, Trevor & Hanrahan, Kevin & Hennessy, Thia & Moran, Brian, 2014. "The development of farm-level sustainability indicators for Ireland using the Teagasc National Farm Survey," 88th Annual Conference, April 9-11, 2014, AgroParisTech, Paris, France 170501, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Franks, Jeremy & Frater, Poppy, 2013. "Measuring agricultural sustainability at the farm-level: A pragmatic approach," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management;International Farm Management Association, vol. 2(4), July.
More about this item
KeywordsSustainability; Composite Indicators; Irrigated agriculture; Scenarios; Agricultural policy; Agricultural and Food Policy; Environmental Economics and Policy; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-11-25 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2008-11-25 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa107:6489. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.