Is agricultural sustainability a useful concept?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Batie, Sandra S., 1989. "Sustainable Development: Challenges to the Profession of Agricultural Economics," 1989 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 2, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 270686, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ehui, Simeon K. & Spencer, Dunstan S.C., 1992. "A General Approach for Evaluating the Economic Viability of Sustainability of Tropical Cropping Systems," 1992 Occasional Paper Series No. 6 197740, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lynam, John K. & Herdt, Robert W., 1989. "Sense and sustainability: Sustainability as an objective in international agricultural research," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 381-398, December.
- Ikerd, John E., 1991. "Applying Lisa Concepts On Southern Farms," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(1), pages 1-10, July.
- Richard Gray, 1991. "Economic Measures of Sustainability," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 39(4), pages 627-635, December.
- Ikerd, John E., 1991. "Applying Lisa Concepts on Southern Farms," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 43-52, July.
- Francis, Charles A. & King, James W., 1988. "Cropping systems based on farm-derived, renewable resources," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 67-75.
- Stuart Hill & Rod MacRae, 1988. "Developing sustainable agriculture education in Canada," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 5(4), pages 92-95, September.
- Cramb, R. A., 1993. "Shifting cultivation and sustainable agriculture in East Malaysia: A longitudinal case study," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 209-226.
- Glenn Fox, 1991. "Agriculture and the Environment: Economic Dimensions of Sustainable Agriculture1," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 39(4), pages 647-653, December.
- M.L. Lerohl, 1991. "The Sustainability of Selected Prairie Crop Rotations," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 39(4), pages 667-676, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:50:y:1996:i:2:p:117-143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.