Ecosystem Service Benefits Generated by Improved Water Quality from Conservation Practices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Johnston, Robert J. & Segerson, Kathleen & Schultz, Eric T. & Besedin, Elena Y. & Ramachandran, Mahesh, 2011. "Indices of biotic integrity in stated preference valuation of aquatic ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 1946-1956, September.
- Walsh, Patrick J. & Wheeler, William J., 2013. "Water quality indices and benefit-cost analysis," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 81-105, March.
- Poor, P. Joan & Pessagno, Keri L. & Paul, Robert W., 2007. "Exploring the hedonic value of ambient water quality: A local watershed-based study," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 797-806, February.
- Johnston, Robert J. & Russell, Marc, 2011. "An operational structure for clarity in ecosystem service values," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 2243-2249.
- Walsh, Patrick & Griffiths, Charles & Guignet, Dennis & Klemick, Heather, 2017.
"Modeling the Property Price Impact of Water Quality in 14 Chesapeake Bay Counties,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 103-113.
- Patrick J. Walsh & Charles Griffiths & Dennis Guignet & Heather Klemick, 2015. "Modeling the Property Price Impact of Water Quality in 14 Chesapeake Bay Counties," NCEE Working Paper Series 201507, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Dec 2015.
- Cropper, Maureen, 2012.
"How Should Benefits and Costs Be Discounted in an Intergenerational Context?,"
dp-12-42, Resources For the Future.
- Richard S. J. Tol & Kenneth J. Arrow & Maureen L. Cropper & Christian Gollier & Ben Groom & Geoffrey M. Heal & Richard G. Newell & William D. Nordhaus & Robert S. Pindyck & William A. Pizer & Paul R. , 2013. "How Should Benefits and Costs Be Discounted in an Intergenerational Context?," Working Paper Series 5613, Department of Economics, University of Sussex Business School.
- Mazzotta, Marisa & Wainger, Lisa & Sifleet, Samantha & Petty, J.Todd & Rashleigh, Brenda, 2015. "Benefit transfer with limited data: An application to recreational fishing losses from surface mining," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 384-398.
- Heather Klemick & Charles Griffiths & Dennis Guignet & Patrick Walsh, 2015. "Explaining Variation in the Value of Chesapeake Bay Water Quality Using Internal Meta-analysis," NCEE Working Paper Series 201504, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Nov 2015.
- Robert J. Johnston & Benedict M. Holland & Liuyang Yao, 2016.
"Individualized Geocoding in Stated Preference Questionnaires: Implications for Survey Design and Welfare Estimation,"
Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 92(4), pages 737-759.
- Johnston, Robert J. & Holland, Ben & Yao, Liuyang, 2016. "Individualized Geocoding in Stated Preference Questionnaires: Implications for Survey Design and Welfare Estimation," 2016 Conference (60th), February 2-5, 2016, Canberra, Australia 235342, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Patrick J. Walsh & J. Walter Milon, 2016. "Nutrient Standards, Water Quality Indicators, and Economic Benefits from Water Quality Regulations," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 64(4), pages 643-661, August.
- Bateman, Ian J. & Day, Brett H. & Georgiou, Stavros & Lake, Iain, 2006. "The aggregation of environmental benefit values: Welfare measures, distance decay and total WTP," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 450-460, December.
- Kevin J. Boyle & P. Joan Poor & Laura O. Taylor, 1999. "Estimating the Demand for Protecting Freshwater Lakes from Eutrophication," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1118-1122.
- Boyd, James & Banzhaf, Spencer, 2007.
"What are ecosystem services? The need for standardized environmental accounting units,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2-3), pages 616-626, August.
- Boyd, James & Banzhaf, H. Spencer, 2006. "What Are Ecosystem Services? The Need for Standardized Environmental Accounting Units," Discussion Papers 10586, Resources for the Future.
- Philip W. Gassman & Jimmy R. Williams & Xiuying Wang & Ali Saleh & Edward Osei & Larry M. Hauck & R. CÃ©sar Izaurralde & Joan D. Flowers, 2009.
"Agricultural Policy Environmental EXtender (APEX) Model: An Emerging Tool for Landscape and Watershed Environmental Analyses, The,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
09-tr49, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Gassman, Philip W. & Williams, Jimmy R. & Wang, Xiuying & Saleh, Ali & Osei, Edward & Hauck, Larry M. & Izaurralde, R. Cesar & Flowers, Joan D., 2009. "The Agricultural Policy Environmental EXtender (APEX) Model: An Emerging Tool for Landscape and Watershed Environmental Analyses," CARD Technical Report Series 49156, Iowa State University, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development.
- Swinton, Scott M. & Lupi, Frank & Robertson, G. Philip & Hamilton, Stephen K., 2007. "Ecosystem services and agriculture: Cultivating agricultural ecosystems for diverse benefits," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 245-252, December.
- Robert J. Johnston & Gisele Magnusson & Marisa J. Mazzotta & James J. Opaluch, 2002. "Combining Economic and Ecological Indicators to Prioritize Salt Marsh Restoration Actions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1362-1370.
- Robert J. Johnston & Eric T. Schultz & Kathleen Segerson & Elena Y. Besedin & Mahesh Ramachandran, 2012. "Enhancing the Content Validity of Stated Preference Valuation: The Structure and Function of Ecological Indicators," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(1), pages 102-120.
- Richardson, Leslie & Loomis, John, 2009. "The total economic value of threatened, endangered and rare species: An updated meta-analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 1535-1548, March.
- Champ, Patricia A. & Bishop, Richard C. & Brown, Thomas C. & McCollum, Daniel W., 1997. "Using Donation Mechanisms to Value Nonuse Benefits from Public Goods," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 151-162, June.
- Robert J. Johnston & Elena Y. Besedin & Richard Iovanna & Christopher J. Miller & Ryan F. Wardwell & Matthew H. Ranson, 2005. "Systematic Variation in Willingness to Pay for Aquatic Resource Improvements and Implications for Benefit Transfer: A Meta‐Analysis," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 53(2‐3), pages 221-248, June.
- Loomis, John & Kent, Paula & Strange, Liz & Fausch, Kurt & Covich, Alan, 2000. "Measuring the total economic value of restoring ecosystem services in an impaired river basin: results from a contingent valuation survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 103-117, April.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Environmental Economics and Policy; Land Economics/Use; Public Economics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cfarer:260679. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cfareea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.