Incorporating Nutrients In Food Demand Analysis
Two levels version of the Rotterdam demand systems were developed using utility theory with additional nutrient variables. Income, price, and nutrient demand elasticities were estimated. Results show that some nutrients are important factors in determining the demand for food items.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kuo S. Huang, 1996. "Nutrient Elasticities in a Complete Food Demand System," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 21-29.
- Giancarlo Moschini, 1995.
"Units of Measurement and the Stone Index in Demand System Estimation,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(1), pages 63-68.
- Moschini, GianCarlo, 1995. "Units of Measurement and the 'Stone Index' In Demand System Estimation," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5058, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Peter Basiotis & Mark Brown & S. R. Johnson & Karen J. Morgan, 1983. "Nutrient Availability, Food Costs, and Food Stamps," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 65(4), pages 685-693.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- Sahn, David E, 1988. "The Effect of Price and Income Changes on Food-Energy Intake in Sri Lanka," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 315-40, January.
- Barten, Anton P, 1977. "The Systems of Consumer Demand Functions Approach: A Review," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(1), pages 23-51, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea98:20960. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.