Understanding Production Contracts: Testing An Agency Theory Model
Production contracts are increasingly important in American agriculture. Unfortunately, little is known about the fundamental forces governing their adoption and design. In order to better-understand the underlying incentives, we construct and test an agency-theoretic model of broiler production contracts. We discuss the analysis' implications for industry participants and government policy.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Subhash C. Ray & Dipasis Bhadra, 1993. "Nonparametric Tests of Cost Minimizing Behavior: A Study of Indian Farms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(4), pages 990-999.
- Tiffin, Richard & Renwick, Alan, 1996. "Estimates of Production Response in the UK Cereal Sector Using Nonparametric Methods," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 23(2), pages 179-94.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Nancy E. Wallace, 1994.
"The Determinants of Efficiency and Solvency in Savings and Loans,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(3), pages 361-381, Autumn.
- Hermalin, Benjamin E. & Wallace, Nancy E., 1992. "The Determinants of Efficiency and Solvency in Savings and Loans," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt1nj556zf, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin and Nancy E. Wallace., 1992. "The Determinants of Efficiency and Solvency in Savings and Loans," Economics Working Papers 92-195, University of California at Berkeley.
- Knoeber, Charles R, 1989. "A Real Game of Chicken: Contracts, Tournaments, and the Production of Broilers," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 271-92, Fall.
- Loren W. Tauer, 1995. "Do New York Dairy Farmers Maximize Profits or Minimize Costs?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(2), pages 421-429.
- Tauer, Loren W., 1994. "Do New York Dairy Farmers Maximize Profits?," Staff Papers 121318, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Knoeber, Charles R & Thurman, Walter N, 1994. "Testing the Theory of Tournaments: An Empirical Analysis of Broiler Production," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(2), pages 155-79, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea98:20946. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.