The Determinants of Efficiency and Solvency in Savings and Loans
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Nancy E. Wallace, 1994. "The Determinants of Efficiency and Solvency in Savings and Loans," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(3), pages 361-381, Autumn.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin and Nancy E. Wallace., 1992. "The Determinants of Efficiency and Solvency in Savings and Loans," Economics Working Papers 92-195, University of California at Berkeley.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mikko MAKINEN & Derek C. JONES, 2015. "Comparative Efficiency Between Cooperative, Savings And Commercial Banks In Europe Using The Frontier Approach," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 401-420, September.
- Paula A. Tkac, 2004. "Mutual funds: temporary problem or permanent morass?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 4, pages 1-21.
- Goodhue, Rachael & Rausser, Gordon & Simon, Leo, 2000. "Processor Placements and Producer Incentives: Analyzing Broiler Chicken Production Contracts," CUDARE Working Papers 198671, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- A. Cole, Rebel & Mehran, Hamid, 1998.
"The effect of changes in ownership structure on performance: Evidence from the thrift industry,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 291-317, December.
- Rebel A. Cole & Hamid Mehran, "undated". "The Effect of Changes in Ownership Structure on Performance: Evidence from the Thrift Industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1996-06, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Rebel A. Cole & Hamid Mehran, 1996. "The effect of changes in ownership structure on performance: evidence from the thrift industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-6, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Lucio Masserini & Matilde Bini & Monica Pratesi, 2017. "Effectiveness of non-selective evaluation test scores for predicting first-year performance in university career: a zero-inflated beta regression approach," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 693-708, March.
- Mohamed Ariff & Luc Can, 2009.
"IMF Bank-Restructuring Efficiency Outcomes: Evidence from East Asia,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 35(2), pages 167-187, April.
- Mohamed Ariff & Luc Can, 2008. "Imf Bank-Restructuring Efficiency Outcomes:Evidence From East Asia," CARF F-Series CARF-F-128, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Mohamed Ariff & Luc Can, 2009. "IMF Bank-Restructuring Efficiency Outcomes: Evidence from East Asia," CARF F-Series CARF-F-148, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Anne Marie Knott & Hart E. Posen & Brian Wu, 2009. "Spillover Asymmetry and Why It Matters," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(3), pages 373-388, March.
- Patricia Born & William M. Gentry & W. Kip Viscusi & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1998.
"Organizational Form and Insurance Company Performance: Stocks versus Mutuals,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of Property-Casualty Insurance, pages 167-192
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patricia Born & William M. Gentry & W. Kip Viscusi & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1995. "Organizational Form and Insurance Company Performance: Stocks versus Mutuals," NBER Working Papers 5246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. David Cummins & Mary A. Weiss, 1998. "Analyzing Firm Performance in the Insurance Industry Using Frontier Efficiency Methods," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 98-22, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Styrin Konstantin, 2005. "What Explains Differences in Efficiency Across Russian Banks?," EERC Working Paper Series 01-258e-1, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Goodhue, Rachael E. & Rausser, Gordon C. & Simon, Leo K., 1998. "Understanding Production Contracts: Testing An Agency Theory Model," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20946, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Benjamin Hermalin & Andrew K. Rose & Peter M. Garber & Andrew Crockett & David W. Mullins, Jr, 1999.
"Risks to Lenders and Borrowers in International Capital Markets,"
NBER Chapters,in: International Capital Flows, pages 363-420
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Andrew K. Rose, 1999. "Risks to Lenders and Borrowers in International Capital Markets," NBER Working Papers 6886, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:99:y:2019:i:c:p:222-236 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:mbr:jmonec:v:8:y:2013:i:4:p:99-136 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brian Wu & Anne Marie Knott, 2006. "Entrepreneurial Risk and Market Entry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(9), pages 1315-1330, September.
- José M. R. Murteira & Joaquim J. S. Ramalho, 2016.
"Regression Analysis of Multivariate Fractional Data,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 515-552, April.
- José M.R. Murteira & Joaquim J.S. Ramalho, 2013. "Regression Analysis of Multivariate Fractional Data," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2013_05, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Daniel W. Elfenbein & Anne Marie Knott, 2015. "Time to exit: Rational, behavioral, and organizational delays," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(7), pages 957-975, July.
- Zuzana Iršová & Tomáš Havránek, 2010. "Measuring Bank Efficiency: A Meta-Regression Analysis," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(4), pages 307-328.
- Styrin Konstantin, 2005. "X-inefficiency, Moral Hazard, and Bank Failures," EERC Working Paper Series 01-258e-2, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
More about this item
Keywordssavings and loans; nonparametric efficiency tests; Business; Social and Behavioral Sciences;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:econwp:qt1nj556zf. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ibbrkus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.