On the Efficiency of Pseudo Risk Pools and Proxy Yield Data on Crop Insurance and Reinsurance in U.S
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barry K. Goodwin, 2001. "Problems with Market Insurance in Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 643-649.
- Hofert, Marius & Maechler, Martin, 2011. "Nested Archimedean Copulas Meet R: The nacopula Package," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 39(i09).
- Cornelia Savu & Mark Trede, 2010. "Hierarchies of Archimedean copulas," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 295-304.
- H. Holly Wang & Hao Zhang, 2003. "On the Possibility of a Private Crop Insurance Market: A Spatial Statistics Approach," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(1), pages 111-124, March.
- Chen, Xiaohong & Fan, Yanqin, 2006.
"Estimation and model selection of semiparametric copula-based multivariate dynamic models under copula misspecification,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 135(1-2), pages 125-154.
- Xiaohong Chen & Yanqin Fan, 2004. "Estimation and Model Selection of Semiparametric Copula-Based Multivariate Dynamic Models under Copula Misspecification," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0419, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised Sep 2004.
- Barry K. Goodwin & Ashley Hungerford, 2015. "Copula-Based Models of Systemic Risk in U.S. Agriculture: Implications for Crop Insurance and Reinsurance Contracts," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(3), pages 879-896.
- Mario J. Miranda & Joseph W. Glauber, 1997. "Systemic Risk, Reinsurance, and the Failure of Crop Insurance Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 206-215.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk and Uncertainty; Agricultural Finance; Research Methods/Statistical Methods;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-IAS-2018-09-24 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea17:258566. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.