Future volatility forecast in agricultural commodity markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Britten-Jones & Anthony Neuberger, 2000. "Option Prices, Implied Price Processes, and Stochastic Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 839-866, April.
- Thorsten M. Egelkraut & Philip Garcia & Bruce J. Sherrick, 2007.
"The Term Structure of Implied Forward Volatility: Recovery and Informational Content in the Corn Options Market,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(1), pages 1-11.
- Egelkraut, Thorsten M. & Garcia, Philip & Sherrick, Bruce J., 2003. "The Term Structure Of Implied Forward Volatility: Recovery And Informational Content In The Corn Options Market," 2003 Conference, April 21-22, 2003, St. Louis, Missouri 18983, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9781107034662 is not listed on IDEAS
- Egelkraut, Thorsten M. & Garcia, Philip, 2006.
"Intermediate Volatility Forecasts Using Implied Forward Volatility: The Performance of Selected Agricultural Commodity Options,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1-21, December.
- Egelkraut, Thorsten M. & Garcia, Philip, 2005. "Intermediate Volatility Forecasts Using Implied Forward Volatility: The Performance of Selected Agricultural Commodity Options," 2005 Conference, April 18-19, 2005, St. Louis, Missouri 19033, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Martin Martens & Jason Zein, 2004. "Predicting financial volatility: High‐frequency time‐series forecasts vis‐à‐vis implied volatility," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(11), pages 1005-1028, November.
- Szakmary, Andrew & Ors, Evren & Kyoung Kim, Jin & Davidson, Wallace III, 2003. "The predictive power of implied volatility: Evidence from 35 futures markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 2151-2175, November.
- Ser-Huang Poon & Clive W.J. Granger, 2003. "Forecasting Volatility in Financial Markets: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(2), pages 478-539, June.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A., 1976. "The valuation of options for alternative stochastic processes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 145-166.
- Black, Fischer, 1976. "The pricing of commodity contracts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 167-179.
- Brooks,Chris, 2014. "Introductory Econometrics for Finance," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107661455, December.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Christensen, B. J. & Prabhala, N. R., 1998. "The relation between implied and realized volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 125-150, November.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 2001. "The Dynamics of Commodity Spot and Futures Markets: A Primer," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-30.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk and Uncertainty; Marketing; Demand and Price Analysis;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2018-09-24 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea17:258480. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.