Predicting financial volatility: High‐frequency time‐series forecasts vis‐à‐vis implied volatility
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Kretschmer, Uta & Pigorsch, Christian & Tauchen, George, 2009.
"A discrete-time model for daily S & P500 returns and realized variations: Jumps and leverage effects,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 150(2), pages 151-166, June.
- Tim Bollerslev & Uta Kretschmer & Christian Pigorsch & George Tauchen, 2007. "A Discrete-Time Model for Daily S&P500 Returns and Realized Variations: Jumps and Leverage Effects," CREATES Research Papers 2007-22, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Tim Bollerslev & Uta Kretschmer & Christian Pigorsch & George Tauchen, 2010. "A Discrete-Time Model for Daily S&P500 Returns and Realized Variations: Jumps and Leverage Effects," Working Papers 10-06, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:493:y:2018:i:c:p:148-154 is not listed on IDEAS
- Duong T Le, 2015. "Ex-ante Determinants of Volatility in the Crude Oil Market," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 6(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Luo, Xingguo & Ye, Zinan, 2015. "Predicting volatility of the Shanghai silver futures market: What is the role of the U.S. options market?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 68-77.
- Sévi, Benoît, 2014.
"Forecasting the volatility of crude oil futures using intraday data,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 235(3), pages 643-659.
- Benoît Sévi, 2014. "Forecasting the volatility of crude oil futures using intraday data," Post-Print hal-01463921, HAL.
- Benoît Sévi, 2014. "Forecasting the volatility of crude oil futures using intraday data," Working Papers 2014-53, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- de Truchis, Gilles & Keddad, Benjamin, 2016.
"On the risk comovements between the crude oil market and U.S. dollar exchange rates,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 206-215.
- Gilles Truchis & Benjamin Keddad, 2016. "On the risk comovements between the crude oil market and U.S. dollar exchange rates," Post-Print hal-01447859, HAL.
- Birkelund, Ole Henrik & Haugom, Erik & Molnár, Peter & Opdal, Martin & Westgaard, Sjur, 2015. "A comparison of implied and realized volatility in the Nordic power forward market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 288-294.
- Wing Hong Chan & Ranjini Jha & Madhu Kalimipalli, 2009. "The Economic Value Of Using Realized Volatility In Forecasting Future Implied Volatility," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 32(3), pages 231-259.
- Mario Domingues de Paula SimÃµes & Marcelo Cabus Klotzle & Antonio Carlos Figueiredo Pinto & Leonardo Lima Gomes, 2016. "Electricity prices forecast analysis using the extreme value theory," International Journal of Financial Markets and Derivatives, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1), pages 1-22.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:84:y:2017:i:c:p:53-67 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shackleton, Mark B. & Taylor, Stephen J. & Yu, Peng, 2010. "A multi-horizon comparison of density forecasts for the S&P 500 using index returns and option prices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2678-2693, November.
- Martens, Martin & van Dijk, Dick & de Pooter, Michiel, 2009. "Forecasting S&P 500 volatility: Long memory, level shifts, leverage effects, day-of-the-week seasonality, and macroeconomic announcements," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 282-303.
- Chatrath, Arjun & Miao, Hong & Ramchander, Sanjay & Wang, Tianyang, 2016. "An examination of the flow characteristics of crude oil: Evidence from risk-neutral moments," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 213-223.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:55:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s00181-017-1294-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rothonis, Stephanie & Tran, Duy & Wu, Eliza, 2016. "Does national culture affect the intensity of volatility linkages in international equity markets?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 85-95.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:44:y:2018:i:c:p:92-108 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chong, Terence Tai Leung & Lu, Chenxi & Chan, Wing H., 2016. "Long Range Dependence and Structural Breaks in the Gold Markets," MPRA Paper 80553, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- S. Garg & Vipul, 2014. "Volatility forecasting performance of two-scale realized volatility," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(17), pages 1111-1121, September.
- repec:eee:intfor:v:33:y:2017:i:4:p:848-863 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luo, Xingguo & Qin, Shihua & Ye, Zinan, 2016. "The information content of implied volatility and jumps in forecasting volatility: Evidence from the Shanghai gold futures market," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 105-111.
- Apostolos Kourtis & Raphael N. Markellos & Lazaros Symeonidis, 2016. "An International Comparison of Implied, Realized, and GARCH Volatility Forecasts," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(12), pages 1164-1193, December.
- Ying Jiang & Shamim Ahmed & Xiaoquan Liu, 2017. "Volatility forecasting in the Chinese commodity futures market with intraday data," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 1123-1173, May.
- Guimaraes, Jonathan S. & Cruz, Jose Cesar, 2017. "Future volatility forecast in agricultural commodity markets," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258480, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kasman, Adnan & Kasman, Saadet & Torun, Erdost, 2009. "Dual long memory property in returns and volatility: Evidence from the CEE countries' stock markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 122-139, June.
- Haugom, Erik & Westgaard, Sjur & Solibakke, Per Bjarte & Lien, Gudbrand, 2011. "Realized volatility and the influence of market measures on predictability: Analysis of Nord Pool forward electricity data," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1206-1215.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jfutmk:v:24:y:2004:i:11:p:1005-1028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0270-7314/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.