Market Structure Conduct Performance (SCP) Hypothesis Revisited using Stochastic Frontier Efficiency Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Forsund, Finn R. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1980. "A survey of frontier production functions and of their relationship to efficiency measurement," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 5-25, May.
- Uma S. Kambhampati & Ashok Parikh, 2007.
"Disciplining Firms: The Impact of Trade Reforms on Profit Margins in Indian Industry,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Trade Liberalisation Impact on Growth and Trade in Developing Countries, chapter 2, pages 27-45
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Uma Kambhampati & Ashok Parikh, 2003. "Disciplining firms: the impact of trade reforms on profit margins in Indian industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 461-470.
- Kajal Lahiri & Wenxiong Yao, 2004.
"A dynamic factor model of the coincident indicators for the US transportation sector,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(10), pages 595-600.
- Lahiri, Kajal & Yao, Wenxiong, 2004. "A dynamic factor model of the coincident indicators for the US transportation sector," MPRA Paper 22360, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Battese, George E. & Corra, Greg S., 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 21(03), December.
- Beilock, Richard & Ciello, James D., 2004. "Refrigerated Trucking Revisited," Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, Transportation Research Forum, vol. 43(1).
- Frech, H E, III & Mobley, Lee Rivers, 2000.
"Efficiency, Growth, and Concentration: An Empirical Analysis of Hospital Markets,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 38(3), pages 369-384, July.
- Frech, Ted E, 1998. "Efficiency, Growth and Concentration: An Empirical Analysis of Hospital Markets," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt7cd1329w, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Berger, Allen N & Hannan, Timothy H, 1989. "The Price-Concentration Relationship in Banking," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 291-299, May.
- Bauer, Paul W., 1990. "Recent developments in the econometric estimation of frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 39-56.
- McDonald, James Ted, 1999. "The Determinants of Firm Profitability in Australian Manufacturing," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 75(229), pages 115-126, June.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Kari, Fatimah & Jaafar, Abdul H. & Allen, Albert J. & Couvillion, Warren C., 2002. "Market Structure, Market Share, And Profits In The Surface Freight Industry," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19757, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Pedro Cantos & José Pastor & Lorenzo Serrano, 1999. "Productivity, efficiency and technical change in the European railways: A non-parametric approach," Transportation, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 337-357, November.
- Allen, Albert J. & Shaik, Saleem & Myles, Albert E. & Muhammad, Safdar, 2005. "The Structure Performance Hypothesis and The Efficient Structure Performance Hypothesis-Revisited: The Case of Agribusiness Commodity and Food Products Truck Carriers in the South," 2005 Annual Meeting, February 5-9, 2005, Little Rock, Arkansas 35519, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsResearch Methods/ Statistical Methods;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea06:21350. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.