Technical Efficiency in Organic and Conventional Farming: Evidence from Italian Cereal Farms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kerselaers, Eva & Govaerts, Wim & Lauwers, Ludwig H. & De Cock, Lieve & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2005. "Modelling Farm Level Economic Potential for Conversion to Organic Farming," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24732, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Forsund, Finn R. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1980. "A survey of frontier production functions and of their relationship to efficiency measurement," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 5-25, May.
- Greene, William H., 1980. "On the estimation of a flexible frontier production model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 101-115, May.
- Lohr, Luanne & Salomonsson, Lennart, 2000.
"Conversion subsidies for organic production: results from Sweden and lessons for the United States,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 22(2), March.
- Lohr, Luanne & Salomonsson, Lennart, 2000. "Conversion subsidies for organic production: results from Sweden and lessons for the United States," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 133-146, March.
- Lohr, Luanne & Salomonsson, Lennart, 1998. "Conversion Subsidies For Organic Production: Results From Sweden And Lessons For The United States," Faculty Series 16640, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Fare, Rolf & Knox Lovell, C. A., 1978. "Measuring the technical efficiency of production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 150-162, October.
- Bauer, Paul W., 1990. "Recent developments in the econometric estimation of frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 39-56.
- Tzouvelekas, Vangelis & Pantzios, Christos J. & Fotopoulos, Christos, 2001.
"Economic Efficiency In Organic Farming: Evidence From Cotton Farms In Viotia, Greece,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(01), April.
- Tzouvelekas, Vangelis & Pantzios, Christos J. & Fotopoulos, Christos, 2001. "Economic Efficiency in Organic Farming: Evidence from Cotton Farms in Viotia, Greece," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(01), pages 35-48, April.
- A. Parikh & K. Shah, 1994. "Measurement Of Technical Efficiency In The North-West Frontier Province Of Pakistan," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 132-138.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Tim Coelli & Sanzidur Rahman & Colin Thirtle, 2002. "Technical, Allocative, Cost and Scale Efficiencies in Bangladesh Rice Cultivation: A Non-parametric Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 607-626.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Madau, Fabio A., 2015. "Technical and Scale Efficiency in the Italian Citrus Farming: Comparison between SFA and DEA Approaches," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 16(2), June.
- Zdeňka Kroupová & Michal Malý, 2010.
"Analýza nástrojů zemědělské dotační politiky - aplikace produkčních funkcí
[Analysis of Agriculture Subsidy Policy Tools - Aplication of Production Function]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(6), pages 774-794.
- Madau, Fabio A., 2011.
"Parametric Estimation of Technical and Scale Efficiencies in Italian Citrus Farming,"
Agricultural Economics Review,
Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 12(1), January.
- Madau, Fabio A., 2010. "Parametric Estimation Of Technical And Scale Efficiencies In Italian Citrus Farming," MPRA Paper 26818, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Breustedt, Gunnar & Latacz-Lohmann, Uwe & Tiedemann, Torben, 2011. "Organic or conventional? Optimal dairy farming technology under the EU milk quota system and organic subsidies," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 223-229, April.
- Galluzzo, Nicola, 2014. "Analysis of efficiency in organic wine and olive farms in the Italian FADN dataset," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182978, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sofia KOURTESI & Panos FOUSEKIS & Apostolos POLYMEROS, 2012. "Conditional Efficiency Estimation With Environmental Variables: Evidence From Greek Cereal Farms," Scientific Bulletin - Economic Sciences, University of Pitesti, vol. 11(1), pages 43-52.
- Lakner, Sebastian & Breustedt, Gunnar, 2015. "Efficiency analysis of organic farming systems- a review of methods, topics, results, and conclusions," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212025, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Moritz Flubacher & George Sheldon & Adrian Müller, 2015. "Comparison of the Economic Performance between Organic and Conventional Dairy Farms in the Swiss Mountain Region Using Matching and Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Journal of Socio-Economics in Agriculture (Until 2015: Yearbook of Socioeconomics in Agriculture), Swiss Society for Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology, vol. 7(1), pages 76-84.
- Guesmi, Bouali & Serra, Teresa & Radwan, Amr & Gil, José María, 2014. "Efficiency of Egyptian Organic Agriculture: a Local Maximum Likelihood Approach," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 183023, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Trnkova, Gabriela & Mala, Zdenka & Vasilenko, Alexandr, 2012. "Analysis of the Effects of Subsidies on the Economic Behavior of Agricultural Businesses Focusing on Animal Production," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 4(4), December.
More about this item
KeywordsOrganic farming; Comparison analysis; Cereal-growing; Technical efficiency; Stochastic frontier production models; Italy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aergaa:42141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/etagrea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.