The Process and Performance of Decentralization of River Basin Resource Management: A Global Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Oechssler, Jorg, 1997. "Decentralization and the coordination problem," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 119-135, January.
- Antonio Estache & Frannie Humplick, 1995.
"Does decentralization improve infrastructure performance?,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/44079, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Antonio Estache & Sarbajit Sinha, 1995. "Does decentralization improve infrastructure performance?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44078, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Merrey, D. J., 2000. "Creating institutional arrangements for managing water-scarce river basins: emerging research results," Conference Papers h030851, International Water Management Institute.
- Blomquist, William & Dinar, Ariel & Kemper, Karin, 2005. "Comparison of institutional arrangements for river basin management in eight basins," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3636, The World Bank.
- Mody, Jyothsna, 2004. "Achieving accountability through decentralization : lessons for integrated river basin management," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3346, The World Bank.
- Panizza, Ugo, 1999. "On the determinants of fiscal centralization: Theory and evidence," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 97-139, October.
- Shah, Anwar, 1998. "Balance, accountability, and responsiveness : lessons about decentralization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2021, The World Bank.
- Cerniglia, Floriana, 2003. "Decentralization in the public sector: quantitative aspects in federal and unitary countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 749-776, November.
- Galasso, Emanuela & Ravallion, Martin, 2000. "Distributional outcomes of a decentralized welfare program," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2316, The World Bank.
- Faguet, Jean-Paul, 2004. "Does decentralization increase government responsiveness to local needs?: Evidence from Bolivia," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 867-893, March.
- Sigman, Hilary, 2005.
"Transboundary spillovers and decentralization of environmental policies,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 82-101, July.
- Hilary Sigman, 2004. "Transboundary Spillovers and Decentralization of Environmental Policies," Departmental Working Papers 200416, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Hilary Sigman, 2004. "Transboundary Spillovers and Decentralization of Environmental Policies," NBER Working Papers 10717, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- R. Maria Saleth & Ariel Dinar, 2004. "The Institutional Economics of Water : A Cross-Country Analysis of Institutions and Performance," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14884.
- John Joseph Wallis & Wallace E. Oates, 1988. "Decentralization in the Public Sector: An Empirical Study of State and Local Government," NBER Chapters,in: Fiscal Federalism: Quantitative Studies, pages 5-32 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dinar, Ariel & Kemper, Karin & Blomquist, William & Diez, Michele & Sine, Gisele & Fru, William, 2005. "Decentralization of river basin management : a global analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3637, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache, 1995.
"Decentralizing Infrastructure: Advantages and Limitations,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/44118, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Estache, A., 1995. "Decentralizing Infrastructure. Advantages and Limitations," World Bank - Discussion Papers 290, World Bank.
- Alderman, Harold, 2002. "Do local officials know something we don't? Decentralization of targeted transfers in Albania," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 375-404, March.
- Gary S. Becker, 1983. "A Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400.
- Koppel, Bruce, 1987. "Does integrated area development work? Insights from the Bicol River Basin Development Program," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 205-220, February.
More about this item
KeywordsResource /Energy Economics and Policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea06:21093. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .