Substitutability of Livestock Manure for Chemical Fertilizer: A Contingent Valuation Analysis of Crop Producers
The impact of new manure management regulations depends on the willingness of crop producers to accept manure. A contingent valuation analysis of crop producers was used to estimate the willingness of crop producers to accept or pay for manure. Results indicate that producers will pay a positive price on average, but some would require a payment before accepting manure.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ancev, Tihomir & Stoecker, Arthur L. & Storm, Daniel E., 2003. "Optimal Spatial Allocation Of Waste Management Practices To Reduce Phosphorus Pollution In A Watershed," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22179, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Phoebe Koundouri & Celine Nauges & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, . "Endogenous Technology Adoption Under Production Risk: Theory and Application to Irrigation Technology," Working Papers 0411, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Sukant K. Misra & Jeannie Nelson, 2003. "Efficient Estimation of Agricultural Time Series Models with Nonnormal Dependent Variables," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 1029-1040.
- Robert Innes, 2000. "The Economics of Livestock Waste and Its Regulation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(1), pages 97-117.
- Ogishi, Aya & Metcalfe, Mark R. & Zilberman, David, 2002. "Animal Waste Policy: Reforms to Improve Environmental Quality," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 17(3).
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2001. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 1-4, January.
- Metcalfe, Mark R. & Yoder, Jonathan K. & Williams, Joseph E. & Carreira, Rita I., 2001. "Land Application Of Swine Waste: Regulation And Producer Practices In Oklahoma," 2001 Annual Meeting, July 8-11, 2001, Logan, Utah 36070, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Ribaudo, Marc, 2003. "Managing Manure," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, February.
- Darrell J. Bosch & James W. Pease, 2004. "Manure Applications and Nutrient Standards," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 14-25.
- Patricia Champ & Richard Bishop, 2001. "Donation Payment Mechanisms and Contingent Valuation: An Empirical Study of Hypothetical Bias," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 19(4), pages 383-402, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea04:19914. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.