Disentangling The Production And Export Consequences Of Direct Farm Income Payments
This paper formalizes the production and export consequences of direct farm payments. Taxpayer financed direct payments distort exit and production incentives, while consumer financed subsidies also imply that the risks of domestic and export production differ. Welfare decompostion and empirical calibration illustrate the potential for import barriers to cross-subsidize exports.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.orgEmail:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Sckokai, Paolo, 1994.
"Efficiency of Decoupled Farm Programs Under Distortionary Taxatioin,"
Staff General Research Papers
12713, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- GianCarlo Moschini & Paolo Sckokai, 1994. "Efficiency of Decoupled Farm Programs under Distortionary Taxation," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 94-gatt5, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- GianCarlo Moschini & Paolo Sckokai, 1994. "Efficiency of Decoupled Farm Programs under Distortionary Taxation," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 94-gatt5, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Sckokai, Paolo, 1994. "Efficiency of Decoupled Farm Programs Under Distortionary Taxation," Staff General Research Papers 690, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David A. Hennessy, 1998.
"The Production Effects of Agricultural Income Support Policies under Uncertainty,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 46-57.
- Hennessy, David A., 1998. "The Production Effects of Agricultural Income Support Policies Under Uncertainty," Staff General Research Papers 1207, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea00:21854. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.