Financial sector competition and knowledge economy: evidence from SSA and MENA countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Simplice Asongu, 2015. "Financial Sector Competition and Knowledge Economy: Evidence from SSA and MENA Countries," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 6(4), pages 717-748, December.
- Simplice A, Asongu, 2012. "Financial sector competition and knowledge economy: evidence from SSA and MENA countries," MPRA Paper 43009, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Demetriades, Panicos O. & Hussein, Khaled A., 1996.
"Does financial development cause economic growth? Time-series evidence from 16 countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 387-411, December.
- Panicos O. Demetriades & Khaled A.Hussein, 1995. "Does Financial Development Cause Economic Growth? Time-Series Evidence from 16 Countries," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 95/13, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Gries, Thomas & Kraft, Manfred & Meierrieks, Daniel, 2009.
"Linkages Between Financial Deepening, Trade Openness, and Economic Development: Causality Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1849-1860, December.
- Thomas Gries & Manfred Kraft & Daniel Meierrieks, 2008. "Linkages between Financial Deepening,Trade Openness and Economic Development: Causality Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers CIE 15, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Suleiman Abu-Bader & Aamer S. Abu-Qarn, 2008. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence from Six MENA Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 803-817, November.
- Simplice A, Asongu, 2012.
"How has mobile banking stimulated financial development in Africa?,"
38576, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asongu Simplice, 2012. "How has Mobile Banking Stimulated Financial Development in Africa?," Working Papers 12/027, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2003.
"Law and finance: why does legal origin matter?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 653-675, December.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2002. "Law and finance : why does legal origin matter?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2904, The World Bank.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2002. "Law and Finance: why Does Legal Origin Matter?," NBER Working Papers 9379, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simplice A., Asongu, 2011.
"New financial intermediary development indicators for developing countries,"
30921, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asongu Simplice, 2011. "New financial intermediary development indicators for developing countries," Working Papers 11/005, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Mavrotas, George, 2005. "Financial Sector Development and Productivity Growth," WIDER Working Paper Series 068, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ang, James B. & McKibbin, Warwick J., 2007.
"Financial liberalization, financial sector development and growth: Evidence from Malaysia,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 215-233, September.
- James B. Ang & Warwick J. McKibbin, 2005. "Financial Liberalization, Financial Sector Development And Growth: Evidence From Malaysia," CAMA Working Papers 2005-05, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- World Bank, 2007. "Building Knowledge Economies : Advanced Strategies for Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6853, March.
- Merton H. Miller, 2012. "Financial Markets and Economic Growth," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 24(1), pages 8-13, March.
- Simplice A, Asongu, 2012. "New indicators for the mobile banking nexus," MPRA Paper 38575, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henry Kaiser, 1974. "An index of factorial simplicity," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 39(1), pages 31-36, March.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial development; Knowledge Economy;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
- P00 - Economic Systems - - General - - - General
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:agd:wpaper:12/021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Asongu Simplice). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/agdiycm.html .