The Role of Institutional Investors in the Evolution of Financial Structure and Behaviour
In: The Future of the Financial System
No abstract is available for this item.
|This chapter was published in: Malcom Edey (ed.) The Future of the Financial System, Reserve Bank of Australia, pages , 1996.|
|This item is provided by Reserve Bank of Australia in its series RBA Annual Conference Volume with number acv1996-04.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: GPO Box 3947, Sydney NSW 2001|
Web page: http://www.rba.gov.au/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.rba.gov.au/order-form/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-29, May.
- Froot, Kenneth A & Scharftstein, David S & Stein, Jeremy C, 1992.
" Herd on the Street: Informational Inefficiencies in a Market with Short-Term Speculation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1461-84, September.
- Kenneth A. Froot & David S. Scharfstein & Jeremy C. Stein, 1990. "Herd on the Street: Informational Inefficiencies in a Market with Short-Term Speculation," NBER Working Papers 3250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fell, J.P.C., 1996. "The Role of Short Rates and Foreign Long Rates in the Determination of Long-Term Interest Rates," Papers 4, European Monetary Institute.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 1991. "Securitization, risk, and the liquidity problem in banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 181, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Davis, E Philip & Mayer, Colin, 1991. "Corporate Finance in the Euromarkets and the Economics of Intermediation," CEPR Discussion Papers 570, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martin Feldstein, 1995. "Social Security and Saving: New Time Series Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roger S. Smith, 1990. "Factors Affecting Saving, Policy Tools, and Tax Reform: A Review," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(1), pages 1-70, March.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Tobin, James & Wyplosz, Charles, 1994.
"Two Cases for Sand in the Wheels of International Finance,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers
233396, University of California-Berkeley, Department of Economics.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Tobin, James & Wyplosz, Charles, 1995. "Two Cases for Sand in the Wheels of International Finance," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(428), pages 162-72, January.
- Barry Eichengreen, James Tobin, and Charles Wyplosz., 1994. "Two Cases for Sand in the Wheels of International Finance," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C94-045, University of California at Berkeley.
- Scharfstein, David. & Stein, Jeremy C., 1988.
"Herd behavior and investment,"
WP 2062-88., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Bernheim, B.D. & Scholz, J.K., 1992.
"Private Saving and Public Policy,"
9226, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- James M. Poterba & Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 1993.
"Do 401(k) Contributions Crowd Out Other Persoanl Saving?,"
NBER Working Papers
4391, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Poterba, James M. & Venti, Steven F. & Wise, David A., 1995. "Do 401(k) contributions crowd out other personal saving?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 1-32, September.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, 1989.
"Positive Feedback Investment Strategies and Destabilizing Rational Speculation,"
NBER Working Papers
2880, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- De Long, J Bradford, et al, 1990. " Positive Feedback Investment Strategies and Destabilizing Rational Speculation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 379-95, June.
- De Long, J. Bradford & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H. & Waldmann, Robert J., 1990. "Positive Feedback Investment Strategies and Destabilizing Rational Speculation," Scholarly Articles 27693805, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Gooptu, Sudarshan, 1993. "Portfolio investment flows to emerging markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1117, The World Bank.
- Martin Feldstein, 1980.
"Do Private Pensions Increase National Saving?,"
NBER Working Papers
0186, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garber, Peter & Taylor, Mark P, 1995. "Sand in the Wheels of Foreign Exchange Markets: A Sceptical Note," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(428), pages 173-80, January.
- Mark S. Carey & Stephen D. Prowse & John Rea, 1993. "Recent developments in the market for privately placed debt," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Feb, pages 77-92.
- E.P. Davis, 1995. "Institutional Investors, Unstable Financial Markets and Monetary Policy," FMG Special Papers sp75, Financial Markets Group.
- Davis, E. Philip, 1995. "Debt, Financial Fragility, and Systemic Risk," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198233312, December.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1985. "What's different about banks?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 29-39, January.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A, 1992. "Measuring International Capital Mobility: A Review," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 197-202, May.
- Peter Fortune, 1993. "Stock market crashes: what have we learned from October 1987?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 3-24.
- Hubbard, R Glenn, 1986. "Pension Wealth and Individual Saving: Some New Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 167-78, May.
- James, Christopher, 1987. "Some evidence on the uniqueness of bank loans," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 217-235, December.
- Brennan, M. J. & Solnik, B., 1989. "International risk sharing and capital mobility," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 359-373, September.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1990. "Implications of Corporate Indebtedness for Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 3266, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rba:rbaacv:acv1996-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paula Drew)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.