The Role of Institutional Investors in the Evolution of Financial Structure and Behaviour
In: The Future of the Financial System
No abstract is available for this item.
|This chapter was published in: Malcom Edey (ed.) The Future of the Financial System, Reserve Bank of Australia, pages , 1996.|
|This item is provided by Reserve Bank of Australia in its series RBA Annual Conference Volume with number acv1996-04.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: GPO Box 3947, Sydney NSW 2001|
Web page: http://www.rba.gov.au/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.rba.gov.au/order-form/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin Feldstein, 1980.
"Do Private Pensions Increase National Saving?,"
NBER Working Papers
0186, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Tobin, James & Wyplosz, Charles, 1995.
"Two Cases for Sand in the Wheels of International Finance,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(428), pages 162-172, January.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Tobin, James & Wyplosz, Charles, 1994. "Two Cases for Sand in the Wheels of International Finance," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers 233396, University of California-Berkeley, Department of Economics.
- Barry Eichengreen, James Tobin, and Charles Wyplosz., 1994. "Two Cases for Sand in the Wheels of International Finance," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C94-045, University of California at Berkeley.
- Martin Feldstein, 1995. "Social Security and Saving: New Time Series Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-329, May.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & John Karl Scholz, 1992.
"Private Saving and Public Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
4215, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- De Long, J Bradford, et al, 1990.
" Positive Feedback Investment Strategies and Destabilizing Rational Speculation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 379-395, June.
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, 1989. "Positive Feedback Investment Strategies and Destabilizing Rational Speculation," NBER Working Papers 2880, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- De Long, J. Bradford & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H. & Waldmann, Robert J., 1990. "Positive Feedback Investment Strategies and Destabilizing Rational Speculation," Scholarly Articles 27693805, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Roger S. Smith, 1990. "Factors Affecting Saving, Policy Tools, and Tax Reform: A Review," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(1), pages 1-70, March.
- Fell, J.P.C., 1996. "The Role of Short Rates and Foreign Long Rates in the Determination of Long-Term Interest Rates," Papers 4, European Monetary Institute.
- Brennan, M. J. & Solnik, B., 1989. "International risk sharing and capital mobility," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 359-373, September.
- Davis, E Philip & Mayer, Colin, 1991. "Corporate Finance in the Euromarkets and the Economics of Intermediation," CEPR Discussion Papers 570, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Scharfstein, David. & Stein, Jeremy C., 1988.
"Herd behavior and investment,"
WP 2062-88., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- James M. Poterba & Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 1993.
"Do 401(k) Contributions Crowd Out Other Persoanl Saving?,"
NBER Working Papers
4391, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Poterba, James M. & Venti, Steven F. & Wise, David A., 1995. "Do 401(k) contributions crowd out other personal saving?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 1-32, September.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1990. "Implications of Corporate Indebtedness for Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 3266, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Davis, E. Philip, 1995. "Debt, Financial Fragility, and Systemic Risk," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198233312, December.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A, 1992. "Measuring International Capital Mobility: A Review," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 197-202, May.
- Gooptu, Sudarshan, 1993. "Portfolio investment flows to emerging markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1117, The World Bank.
- Garber, Peter & Taylor, Mark P, 1995. "Sand in the Wheels of Foreign Exchange Markets: A Sceptical Note," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(428), pages 173-180, January.
- E.P. Davis, 1995. "Institutional Investors, Unstable Financial Markets and Monetary Policy," FMG Special Papers sp75, Financial Markets Group.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983.
"Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders,"
570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985. "Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Hubbard, R Glenn, 1986. "Pension Wealth and Individual Saving: Some New Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 167-178, May.
- Mark S. Carey & Stephen D. Prowse & John Rea, 1993. "Recent developments in the market for privately placed debt," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Feb, pages 77-92.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 1991. "Securitization, risk, and the liquidity problem in banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 181, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Peter Fortune, 1993. "Stock market crashes: what have we learned from October 1987?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 3-24.
- Kenneth A. Froot & David S. Scharfstein & Jeremy C. Stein, 1990.
"Herd on the Street: Informational Inefficiencies in a Market with Short-Term Speculation,"
NBER Working Papers
3250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Froot, Kenneth A & Scharftstein, David S & Stein, Jeremy C, 1992. " Herd on the Street: Informational Inefficiencies in a Market with Short-Term Speculation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1461-1484, September.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1985. "What's different about banks?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 29-39, January.
- James, Christopher, 1987. "Some evidence on the uniqueness of bank loans," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 217-235, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rba:rbaacv:acv1996-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paula Drew)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.