Child Costs and Economic Development
In: Population and Economic Change in Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard A. Easterlin, 1968. "Population, Labor Force, and Long Swings in Economic Growth: The American Experience," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number east68-1, October.
- Becker, Gary S & Lewis, H Gregg, 1973. "On the Interaction between the Quantity and Quality of Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages 279-288, Part II, .
- Leet, Don R., 1976. "The Determinants of the Fertility Transition in Antebellum Ohio," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(02), pages 359-378, June.
- McCloskey, Donald N, 1976. "Does the Past Have Useful Economics?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 14(2), pages 434-461, June.
- Lindert, Peter H., 1974. "Land Scarcity and American Growth," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(04), pages 851-884, December.
- Hansen, Bent, 1969. "Employment and Wages in Rural Egypt," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(3), pages 298-313, June.
- Charles Hohm, 1975. "Social security and fertility: An international perspective," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 12(4), pages 629-644, November.
- M. W. Flinn, 1974. "Trends in Real Wages, 1750–1850," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 27(3), pages 395-413, August.
- Bryan L. Boulier, 1976. "Children and Household Economic Activity in Laguna Philippines," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 197619, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Javier Birchenall, 2007. "Escaping high mortality," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 351-387, December.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:1:y:1986:i:c:p:205-271 is not listed on IDEAS
- Loupias, Claire & Wigniolle, Bertrand, 2013.
"Population, land, and growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 223-237.
- Claire Loupias & Bertrand Wigniolle, 2011. "Population, land and growth," Documents de recherche 11-03, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Claire Loupias & Bertrand Wigniolle, 2011. "Population, land and growth," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00609811, HAL.
- Claire Loupias & Bertrand Wigniolle, 2013. "Population, land, and growth," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00823255, HAL.
- Claire Loupias & Bertrand Wigniolle, 2011. "Population, land and growth," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 11010, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Jesus Fernández-Villaverde & Dirk Krueger, 2007.
"Consumption over the Life Cycle: Facts from Consumer Expenditure Survey Data,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 89(3), pages 552-565, August.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Dirk Krueger, 2002. "Consumption over the Life Cycle: Facts from Consumer Expenditure Survey Data," NBER Working Papers 9382, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marek Loužek, 2010.
"Mikroekonomické základy reprodukčního rozhodování
[Microeconomic Foundations of Reproductive Behaviour]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(3), pages 374-391.
- Gianpiero Dalla-Zuanna, 2007. "Social mobility and fertility," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 17(15), pages 441-464, December.
- Himayatullah Khan, 2007. "Child Labour In Pakistan And Other Developing Countries," Revista Tinerilor Economisti (The Young Economists Journal), University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(8), pages 121-132, April.
- Pritchett, Lant H. & DEC, 1994. "Desired fertility and the impact of population policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1273, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:9663. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.