Economic Depreciation and the Taxation of Structures in United States Manufacturing Industries: An Empirical Analysis
In: The Measurement of Capital
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arnold C. Harberger, 1962. "The Incidence of the Corporation Income Tax," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 215-215.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1964. "Tax Deductibility of Economic Depreciation to Insure Invariant Valuations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 604-604.
- Coen, Robert M, 1975. "Investment Behavior, the Measurement of Depreciation, and Tax Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(1), pages 59-74, March.
- Milton Friedman & Herbert Giersch & William Fellner, 1974. "Essays on Inflation and Indexation," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 919189, October.
- Eisner, Robert, 1972. "Components of Capital Expenditures: Replacement and Modernization Versus Expansion," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(3), pages 297-305, August.
- Laurits R. Christensen & Dale W. Jorgenson, 1969. "The Measurement Of U.S. Real Capital Input, 1929–1967," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 15(4), pages 293-320, December.
- R. E. Hall, 1968. "Technical Change and Capital from the Point of View of the Dual," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(1), pages 35-46.
- Wykoff, Frank C, 1970. "Capital Depreciation in the Postwar Period: Automobiles," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(2), pages 168-172, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Goodman, Allen C., 2005. "Central cities and housing supply: Growth and decline in US cities," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 315-335, December.
- Elias Kourliouros & George Korres & Emmanuel Marmaras & George Tsobanoglou, 2006. "Economic Geography and Regional Growth: An Empirical Evidence From Greece," ERSA conference papers ersa06p30, European Regional Science Association.
- Prucha, Ingmar R. & Nadiri, M. Ishaq, 1996.
"Endogenous capital utilization and productivity measurement in dynamic factor demand models Theory and an application to the U.S. electrical machinery industry,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 343-379.
- Prucha, Ingmar R. & Nadiri, M. Ishaq, 1991. "Endogenous Capital Utilization and Productivity Measurement in Dynamic Factor Demand Models: Theory and an Application to the U.S. Electrical Machinery Industry," Working Papers 91-04, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Kulshreshtha, Mudit & Parikh, Jyoti K., 2001. "A study of productivity in the Indian coal sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 701-713, July.
- Stephen Malpezzi & James D. Shilling & Yu Yun Jessie Yang, 2001. "The Stock of Private Real Estate Capital in U.S. Metropolitan Areas," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 22(3), pages 243-270.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:7165. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.