Short-Term America Revisited? Boom and Bust in the Venture Capital Industry and the Impact on Innovation
In: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 3
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Freear, John & Wetzel, William Jr., 1990. "Who bankrolls high-tech entrepreneurs?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 77-89, March.
- Josh Lerner, 1997. "An Empirical Exploration of a Technology Race," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(2), pages 228-247, Summer.
- Samuel Kortum & Josh Lerner, 2000. "Assessing the Contribution of Venture Capital to Innovation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(4), pages 674-692, Winter.
- Devenow, Andrea & Welch, Ivo, 1996. "Rational herding in financial economics," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 603-615, April.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Runhui Lin & Ya Li & Tao Peng & Hongjuan Zhang, 2017. "Venture capital reputation and portfolio firm performance in an emerging economy: The moderating effect of institutions," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 699-723, September.
- Kapoor, Rahul & Klueter, Thomas, 2020. "Progress and setbacks: The two faces of technology emergence," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(1).
- Balboa, Marina & Marti, Jose, 2007. "Factors that determine the reputation of private equity managers in developing markets," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 453-480, July.
- Avnimelech, Gil & Teubal, Morris, 2007. "Innovation and technology policy (ITP) for catching up: a three phase life cycle framework for industrializing economies," Estudios y Perspectivas – Oficina de la CEPAL en Buenos Aires 36, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:10791. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.