Promotion, Incentives, and Wages
In: Aging Issues in the United States and Japan
No abstract is available for this item.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number
10294.||Handle:|| RePEc:nbr:nberch:10294||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George Baker & Robert Gibbons & Kevin J. Murphy, 1993.
"Subjective Performance Measures in Optimal Incentive Contracts,"
NBER Working Papers
4480, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baker, George & Gibbons, Robert & Murphy, Kevin J, 1994. "Subjective Performance Measures in Optimal Incentive Contracts," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(4), pages 1125-56, November.
- Harris, Milton & Holstrom, Bengt, 1982.
"A Theory of Wage Dynamics,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 315-33, July.
- Prendergast, Canice & Topel, Robert H, 1996.
"Favoritism in Organizations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(5), pages 958-78, October.
- Ariga, Kenn & Brunello, Giorgio & Ohkusa, Yasushi, 1997.
"Fast Track: Is it in the Genes? The Promotion Policy of a Large Japanese Firm,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1622, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ariga, Kenn & Ohkusa, Yasushi & Brunello, Giorgio, 1999. "Fast track: is it in the genes? The promotion policy of a large Japanese firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 385-402, April.
- Canice Prendergast, 1999. "The Provision of Incentives in Firms," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 7-63, March.
- Robert Gibbons, 1996. "Incentives and Careers in Organizations," NBER Working Papers 5705, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abraham, Katharine G & Farber, Henry S, 1987.
"Job Duration, Seniority, and Earnings,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 278-97, June.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Henry S. Farber, 1986. "Job Duration, Seniority and Earnings," Working papers 407, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Henry S. Farber, 1986. "Job Duration, Seniority, and Earnings," NBER Working Papers 1819, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lorne Carmichael, 1981.
"Firm-Specific Human Capital and Promotion Ladders,"
452, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-84, December.
- Tachibanaki, Toshiaki, 1987. "The determination of the promotion process in organizations and of earnings differentials," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 603-616, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:10294. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.