Physical vs. Virtual Information Search and Purchase in the Buying Behavior of Polish Young Consumers
This paper investigates selected internal and external to the consumer factors influencing young consumers’ choices of physical or virtual channels for information search and purchase. Situations of channel lock-in and channel change between the mentioned phases of the buying process are described and their antecedents investigated. Perceived channel characteristics for information search and purchase, consumer decision-making style profile and information technology adoption level are considered to influence consumer choices in this case. Structural equation modeling has been used to analyze the gathered data – 5 models have been assessed.
|This chapter was published in: Radoslaw Macik & Dorota Macik , , pages 739-759, 2011.|
|This item is provided by University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper in its series MIC 2011: Managing Sustainability? Proceedings of the 12th International Conference, Portorož, 23–26 November 2011 [Selected Papers] with number 739-759.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cankarjeva 5, SI-6104 Koper, PO BOX 345|
Phone: 05 610 20 00
Fax: 05 610 20 15
Web page: http://www.fm-kp.si/zalozba/ISBN/978-961-266-113-7.htm
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
- Fred D. Davis & Richard P. Bagozzi & Paul R. Warshaw, 1989. "User Acceptance of Computer Technology: A Comparison of Two Theoretical Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(8), pages 982-1003, August.
- Viswanath Venkatesh & Fred D. Davis, 2000. "A Theoretical Extension of the Technology Acceptance Model: Four Longitudinal Field Studies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(2), pages 186-204, February.
- Rook, Dennis W & Fisher, Robert J, 1995. " Normative Influences on Impulsive Buying Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 305-313, December.
- Tang, Wei & Mokhtarian, Patricia L, 2009.
"Accounting for Taste Heterogeneity in Purchase Channel Intention Modeling: An Example from Northern California for Book Purchases,"
Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series
qt9mg5s5g8, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Tang, Wei & Mokhtarian, Patricia L, 2009. "Accounting for Taste Heterogeneity in Purchase Channel Intention Modeling: An Example from Northern California for Book Purchases," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt3v25m8dc, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Faber, Ronald J & O'Guinn, Thomas C, 1992. " A Clinical Screener for Compulsive Buying," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 459-469, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mgt:micp11:739-759. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alen Jezovnik)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.