Explaining Growth in South Asia
In: Diversity in Economic Growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gulati, Ashok & Narayanan, Sudha, 2003. "The Subsidy Syndrome in Indian Agriculture," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195662061.
- Rajapatirana, Sarath, 1988. "Foreign trade and economic development: Sri Lanka's experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(10), pages 1143-1157, October.
- Jagdish N. Bhagwati & T. N. Srinivasan, 1975. "Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: India," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bhag75-1, December.
- Dani Rodrik & Arvind Subramanian, 2005.
"From "Hindu Growth" to Productivity Surge: The Mystery of the Indian Growth Transition,"
IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(2), pages 193-228, September.
- Mr. Dani Rodrik & Mr. Arvind Subramanian, 2004. "From “Hindu Growth” to Productivity Surge: The Mystery of the Indian Growth Transition," IMF Working Papers 2004/077, International Monetary Fund.
- Rodrik, Dani & Subramanian, Arvind, 2004. "From "Hindu Growth" to Productivity Surge: The Mystery of the Indian Growth Transition," Working Paper Series rwp04-013, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Rodrik, Dani & Subramanian, Arvind, 2004. "From 'Hindu Growth' to Productivity Surge: The Mystery of the Indian Growth Transition," CEPR Discussion Papers 4371, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dani Rodrik & Arvind Subramanian, 2004. "From "Hindu Growth" to Productivity Surge: The Mystery of the Indian Growth Transition," NBER Working Papers 10376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amjad,Rashid, 2008. "Private Industrial Investment in Pakistan," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521053617, January.
- Athukorala, Prema-chandra & Rajapatirana, Sarath, 2000. "Liberalization and Industrial Transformation: Lessons from the Sri Lankan Experience," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(3), pages 543-572, April.
- Amjad, Rashid, 1984. "The management of Pakistan's economy 1947-82," MPRA Paper 35850, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Akbar Noman, 1991. "Industrial Development and Efficiency in Pakistan: A Revisionist Overview," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 30(4), pages 849-861.
- Montek S. Ahluwalia, 2002. "Economic Reforms in India Since 1991: Has Gradualism Worked?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 67-88, Summer.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Matthew McCartney, 2011. "Pakistan, Growth, Dependency, and Crisis," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 16(Special E), pages 71-94, September.
- Bhattacharya, Mita & Narayan, Paresh, 2015. "Output and labor productivity in organized manufacturing: A panel cointegration analysis for India," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 170(PA), pages 171-177.
- Choorikkad Veermani, 2004. "Trade liberalisation, multinational involvement, and intra-industry trade in manufacturing," Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi Working Papers 143, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi, India.
- repec:kqi:journl:2018-2-1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hideki ESHO, 2008. "Comment on “The Political Economy of India's Economic Reforms”," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 3(2), pages 334-335, December.
- Landes, Rip & Gulati, Ashok, 2003. "Policy Reform and Farm Sector Adjustment in India," Policy Reform and Adjustment Workshop, October 23-25, 2003, Imperial College London, Wye Campus 15735, International Agricultural Policy Reform and Adjustment Project (IAPRAP).
- Bahal, Girish & Raissi, Mehdi & Tulin, Volodymyr, 2018.
"Crowding-out or crowding-in? Public and private investment in India,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 323-333.
- Mr. Volodymyr Tulin & Mr. Mehdi Raissi & Girish Bahal, 2015. "Crowding-Out or Crowding-In? Public and Private Investment in India," IMF Working Papers 2015/264, International Monetary Fund.
- Girish Bahal & Mehdi Raissi & Volodymyr Tulin, 2018. "Crowding-Out or Crowding-In Public and Private Investment in India," NCAER Working Papers 114, National Council of Applied Economic Research.
- Girish Bahal & Mehdi Raissi, 2018. "Crowding-Out or Crowding-In? Public and Private Investment in India," Working Papers id:12764, eSocialSciences.
- Imran Ali & Adeel Malik, 2009. "The Political Economy of Industrial Development in Pakistan: A Long-Term Perspective," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 14(Special E), pages 29-50, September.
- Kaushik Basu & Annemie Maertens, 2007.
"The pattern and causes of economic growth in India,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 143-167, Summer.
- Basu, Kaushik & Maertens, Annemie, 2007. "The Pattern and Causes of Economic Growth in India," Working Papers 07-08, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Kambhampati, Uma S. & Kattuman, Paul A., 2009. "Growth responses to competitive shocks: Market structure dynamics under liberalisation," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 114-125, June.
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2015. "The Evolution of Central Banking and Monetary Policy in the Asia-Pacific," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14611.
- Djidonou, Gbenoukpo Robert & Foster-McGregor, Neil, 2020. "Stagnant manufacturing growth in India: The role of the informal economy," MERIT Working Papers 2020-041, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Laura Alfaro & Anusha Chari, 2009.
"India Transformed? Insights from the Firm Level 1988-2005,"
Harvard Business School Working Papers
10-030, Harvard Business School.
- Laura Alfaro & Anusha Chari, 2009. "India Transformed? Insights from the Firm Level 1988-2005," NBER Working Papers 15448, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Felipe, Jesus & Laviña, Editha & Fan, Emma Xiaoqin, 2008. "The Diverging Patterns of Profitability, Investment and Growth of China and India During 1980-2003," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 741-774, May.
- Ross Stewart & Carlos Moslares, 2012. "Income inequality and economic growth: the case of Indian states 1980-2010," Revista Cuadernos de EconomÃa, Universidad Nacional de Colombia -FCE - CID, August.
- Atif Ikram & Syed Ali Asjad Naqvi, 2005. "Family Business Groups and Tunneling Framework : Application and Evidence from Pakistan," Microeconomics Working Papers 22263, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Erumban, Abdul Azeez & Das, Deb Kusum & Aggarwal, Suresh & Das, Pilu Chandra, 2019. "Structural change and economic growth in India," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 186-202.
- Saon Ray & Sabyasachi Kar, 2020. "Kuznets' tension in India: Two episodes," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2020-24, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kaushik Bhattacharya, 2006. "Monetary policy approaches in India," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Monetary policy in Asia: approaches and implementation, volume 31, pages 74-102, Bank for International Settlements.
- Avigyan Sengupta & Saikat Sinha Roy, 2018. "India’s trade policy: Which way now?," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 45(2), pages 129-145, June.
- Pragyesh Nath Tripathi, 2015. "Gross Domestic Product and its Components in India. Trends and Issues," Academic Journal of Economic Studies, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 1(3), pages 88-104, September.
More about this item
KeywordsDevelopment Studies; Economics and Finance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:eechap:13501_3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.e-elgar.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Darrel McCalla (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.e-elgar.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.