Corredor Centro-Leste: Sistemas De Transporte De Minas Gerais Na Perspectivas Dos Eixos De Desenvolvimento E Integração
In: Anais do XII Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 12th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais]
The general purpose of this paper was to investigate the particular situation of the state of Minas Gerais, in the contexto of the new national logistic perspective, relatives to selected investments in the systems of transportation in areas of the Brazilian cerrado. The nonlinear model allocated flows of soybean among producing regions and ports, considering minimized cost of transport routes, considering some modals. In the case, the Port of Vitória (Center-East Corridor) was not sensible to the implantation of the transport systems, therefore it only reacted to the additions in the exported volumes. This implies the urgency of attention to the effective competition with the São Paulo (Port of Santos), that had expanded its area of influence for regions that could be being taken care of for the Center-East Corridor and the necessity to approach the strategical character of the investments in the transport systems (improvements in the highways, expansion of the railroad), as well as one better knowledge of the requeriments of the shippers, that can have significant regional impacts in the intraregional integration with the Triângulo Mineiro and areas under influence of the São Francisco Waterway.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|This chapter was published in: João Antonio de Paula & et alli (ed.) Anais do XII Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 12th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais], , pages , 2006.|
|This item is provided by Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais in its series Anais do XII Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 12th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais] with number 029.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cedeplar-FACE-UFMG Av. Antonio Carlos, 6627 Belo Horizonte, MG 31270-901 Brazil|
Fax: +55 31 3201-3657
Web page: http://www.cedeplar.ufmg.br
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Cedeplar-FACE-UFMG Av. Antonio Carlos, 6627 Belo Horizonte, MG 31270-901 Brazil|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R W Vickerman, 1974.
"Accessibility, Attraction, and Potential: A Review of Some Concepts and Their Use in Determining Mobility,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 6(6), pages 675-691, December.
- R W Vickerman, 1974. "Accessibility, attraction, and potential: a review of some concepts and their use in determining mobility," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 6(6), pages 675-691, June.
- Short, Jack & Kopp, Andreas, 2005. "Transport infrastructure: Investment and planning. Policy and research aspects," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 360-367, July.
- Crainic, Teodor Gabriel & Laporte, Gilbert, 1997. "Planning models for freight transportation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 409-438, March.
- Conrad, Klaus & Seitz, Helmut, 1997. "Infrastructure provision and international market share rivalry," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 715-734, November.
- Krugman, Paul, 1980. "Scale Economies, Product Differentiation, and the Pattern of Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 950-59, December.
- Cain, Louis P., 1997. "Historical perspective on infrastructure and US economic development," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 117-138, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdp:diam06:029. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gustavo Britto)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.