GCC monetary union
In: Proceedings of the SARB/IFC seminar on "Economic and financial convergence en route to regional economic integration: experience, prospects and statistical issues amidst global financial turmoil", Durban, South Africa, 14 August 2009
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Belkacem Laabas and Imed Limam, "undated". "Are GCC Countries Ready for Currency Union?," API-Working Paper Series 0203, Arab Planning Institute - Kuwait, Information Center.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1998.
"EMU: Ready, or Not?,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series
qt8qn3v8j3, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Maurice Obstfeld., 1998. "EMU: Ready, or Not?," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C98-101, University of California at Berkeley.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2000. "EMU: Ready, or Not?," International Trade 0003001, EconWPA.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1999. "EMU: Ready, or Not?," NBER Working Papers 6682, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Obstfeld, M., 1998. "EMU: Ready or Not?," Princeton Essays in International Economics 209, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Jacques Mélitz, 1995.
"A suggested reformulation of the theory of optimal currency areas,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 281-298, July.
- Melitz, Jacques, 1991. "A Suggested Reformulation of the Theory of Optimal Currency Areas," CEPR Discussion Papers 590, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- manhal shotar & khalid shams, 2005. "Economic Policies and the Possibilities of Unified GCC Currency," Macroeconomics 0506003, EconWPA.
- Fratianni, M. & Von Hagen, J. & Waller, C., 1992. "The Maastricht Way to EMU," Princeton Studies in International Economics 187, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Aamer S. Abu-Qarn & Suleiman Abu-Bader, 2008.
"On the Optimality of a GCC Monetary Union: Structural VAR, Common Trends, and Common Cycles Evidence,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(5), pages 612-630, May.
- Suleiman Abu-Bader & Aamer S. Abu-Qarn, 2006. "On The Optimality Of A Gcc Monetary Union: Structural Var, Common Trends And Common Cycles Evidence," Working Papers 0611, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Abu-Qarn, Aamer & Abu-Bader, Suleiman, 2006. "On the optimality of a GCC Monetary Union: Structural VAR, Common Trends and Common Cycles Evidence," MPRA Paper 971, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Russell Cooper & Hubert Kempf, 2000.
"Designing Stabilization Policy in a Monetary Union,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0529, Econometric Society.
- Russell W. Cooper & Hubert Kempf, 2000. "Designing Stabilization Policy in a Monetary Union," NBER Working Papers 7607, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Russell W. Cooper & Hubert Kempf, 2000. "Designing stabilization policy in a monetary union," Working Paper 0001, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Russell Cooper & Hubert Kempf, 2000. "Designing Stabilization Policy in a Monetary Union," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 99, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1999. "Theoretical Issues Pertaining to Monetary Unions," NBER Working Papers 7393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo & Lars Jonung, 1999. "The Future of EMU: What Does the History of Monetary Unions Tell Us?," NBER Working Papers 7365, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Espinoza, Raphael & Prasad, Ananthakrishnan & Williams, Oral, 2011. "Regional financial integration in the GCC," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 354-370.
- Khalid Rashid, Alkhater & Syed Abul, Basher, 2015. "The oil cycle, the Federal Reserve, and the monetary and exchange rate policies of Qatar," MPRA Paper 65900, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:bisifc:32-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.