Are GCC Countries Ready for Currency Union?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Miller, Stephen M. & Noulas, Athanasios G., 1996. "The technical efficiency of large bank production," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 495-509, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wsi:medjxx:v:04:y:2012:i:01:n:s1793812012500010 is not listed on IDEAS
- Katrin Elborgh-Woytek & Julian Berengaut, 2006. "Beauty Queens and Wallflowers; Currency Unions in the Middle East and Central Asia," IMF Working Papers 06/226, International Monetary Fund.
- Rosmy Jean Louis & Faruk Balli & Mohamed Osman, 2012.
"On the choice of an anchor for the GCC currency: does the symmetry of shocks extend to both the oil and the non-oil sectors?,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 83-110, March.
- Jean Louis, Rosmy & Balli, Faruk & Osman, Mohamed, 2010. "On the choice of an anchor for the GCC currency: does the symmetry of shocks extend to both the oil and the non-oil sectors," MPRA Paper 38056, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Atef Saad Alshehry & Sarra Ben Slimane, 2013. "On the Optimality of GCC Monetary Union: Asymmetric Shocks Assessments," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 3, pages 49-62, February.
- Magda Kandil & Mohamed Trabelsi, 2012.
"Is The Announced Monetary Union In Gcc Countries Feasible? A Multivariate Structural Var Approach,"
Middle East Development Journal (MEDJ),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 4(01), pages 1-18.
- Magda Kandil & Mohamed Trabelsi, 2010. "Is the Announced Monetary Union in GCC Countries Feasible? A Multivariate Structural VAR Approach," Working Papers 522, Economic Research Forum, revised 05 Jan 2010.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2017.
"The Currency-Plus-Commodity Basket: A Proposal for Exchange Rates in Oil-exporting Countries to Accommodate Trade Shocks Automatically,"
1111, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 2017.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2017. "The Currency-Plus-Commodity Basket; A Proposal for Exchange Rates in Oil-Exporting Countries to Accommodate Trade Shocks Automatically," CID Working Papers 333, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- A Salim, Ruhu & Mahfuz Kabir, Mohammad, 2011. "Does More Trade Potential Remain in Arab States of the Gulf ?," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 26, pages 217-243.
- Ahmed AlKholifey & Ali Alreshan, 2010. "GCC monetary union," IFC Bulletins chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Proceedings of the SARB/IFC seminar on "Economic and financial convergence en route to regional economic integration: experience, prospects and statis, volume 32, pages 17-51 Bank for International Settlements.
- Michael Sturm & Nikolaus Siegfried, 2005. "Regional monetary integration in the member states of the Gulf Cooperation Council," Occasional Paper Series 31, European Central Bank.
- Louis, Rosmy & Osman, Mohammad & Balli, FAruk, 2007. "On The Road to Monetary Union – Do Arab Gulf Cooperation Council Economies React in the same way to United States' Monetary Policy Shocks?," MPRA Paper 11610, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2008.
- Lee, Grace H.Y., 2011. "Gold dinar for the Islamic countries?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1573-1586, July.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-568 is not listed on IDEAS
- Louis, Rosmy & Balli, Faruk & Osman, Mohammad, 2008. "Monetary Union Among Arab Gulf Cooperation Council (AGCC) Countries: Does the symmetry of shocks extend to the non-oil sector?," MPRA Paper 11611, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aamer S. Abu-Qarn & Suleiman Abu-Bader, 2008.
"On the Optimality of a GCC Monetary Union: Structural VAR, Common Trends, and Common Cycles Evidence,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(5), pages 612-630, May.
- Abu-Qarn, Aamer & Abu-Bader, Suleiman, 2006. "On the optimality of a GCC Monetary Union: Structural VAR, Common Trends and Common Cycles Evidence," MPRA Paper 971, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Suleiman Abu-Bader & Aamer S. Abu-Qarn, 2006. "On The Optimality Of A Gcc Monetary Union: Structural Var, Common Trends And Common Cycles Evidence," Working Papers 0611, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Abdulrazak Al Faris, 2010. "Currency Union in the GCC Countries: History, Prerequisites and Implications," Chapters,in: Currency Union and Exchange Rate Issues, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Rosmy Jean Louis & Faruk Balli & Mohamed Osman, 2012. "On the feasibility of monetary union among Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries: does the symmetry of shocks extend to the non-oil sector?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 36(2), pages 319-334, April.
- Ben Abdesslem, Amel, 2013. "L’union monétaire des pays du Conseil de coopération du golfe : viabilité et perspectives d’avenir," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 89(3), pages 191-206, Septembre.
- Kamar Bassem & Bakardzhieva Damyana, 2005. "Economic Trilemma and Exchange Rate Management in Egypt," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-24, August.
- Al-Gasaymeh, Anwar, 2016. "Bank efficiency determinant: Evidence from the gulf cooperation council countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, pages 214-223.
- John Hawkins & Paul Masson, 2003. "Economic aspects of regional currency areas and the use of foreign currencies," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Regional currency areas and the use of foreign currencies, volume 17, pages 4-42 Bank for International Settlements.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-10-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2002-10-23 (Central Banking)
- NEP-IFN-2002-10-23 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:api:apiwps:0203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/apiiikw.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .