The Evaluation of the Finnish National Innovation System - Full Report
The Finnish National Innovation System has been evaluated by international experts. Its starting point was the Government´s Communication on Finland´s National Innovation Strategy to the Parliament, which included the policy guidelines with respect to the development and renewal of Finnish innovation policy. The aim of the evaluation was to provide insights into how the National Innovation System, its structure and organizations can respond to the changes in the global environment and to the challenges these changes pose. The international evaluation experts have identified modes of operation, processes and tools, that the Finnish innovation policy can be designed and implemented with. The grass-root level evaluation provides means of generating better innovations and facilitating their adoption and diffusion. A specific challenge in the promotion of innovative activities is the inclusion of the creativity and expertise of individuals and communities. The new demand- and user-driven innovation policy emphasizes the needs of customers in developing products and services, the systematic use of economic incentives and the participation of end-users in the innovation process. The future challenges – such as the globalizing economy and its first global recession, the structural change of Finnish industries, aging of population, and climate change – can be addressed by facilitating interaction between different ministries and other actors, and by introducing a broad-based and efficient public innovation policy.
|This book is provided by The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy in its series Books with number 495 and published in 2009.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Lönnrotinkatu 4 B, FIN-00120 HELSINKI|
Phone: +358 (0)9 609 900
Fax: +358 (0)9 601 753
Web page: http://www.etla.fi/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
|The following chapters of this book are listed in IDEAS:|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Siegel, Donald S. & Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike, 2003. "Assessing the impact of university science parks on research productivity: exploratory firm-level evidence from the United Kingdom," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1357-1369, November.
- Debackere, Koenraad & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2005. "The role of academic technology transfer organizations in improving industry science links," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 321-342, April.
- Deschryvere, Matthias, 2009. "A Comparative Survey of Structural Characteristics of Finnish University Departments," Discussion Papers 1195, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Caroline M. Hoxby & Andreu Mas-Colell & André Sapir, 2009. "The Governance and Performance of Research Universities: Evidence from Europe and the U.S," NBER Working Papers 14851, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrea Bassanini & Stefano Scarpetta & Ignazio Visco, 2000.
"Knowledge, Technology and Economic Growth: Recent Evidence from OECD Countries,"
OECD Economics Department Working Papers
259, OECD Publishing.
- Andrea Bassanini & Stefano Scarpetta & Ignazio Visco, 2000. "Knowledge technology and economic growth: recent evidence from OECD countries," Working Paper Research 06, National Bank of Belgium.
- Kotiranta, Annu & Nikulainen, Tuomo & Tahvanainen, Antti-Jussi & Deschryvere, Matthias & Pajarinen, Mika, 2009. "Evaluating National Innovation Systems - Key Insights from the Finnish Innoeval Survey," Discussion Papers 1196, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Caroline Hoxby & Andreu Mas-Colell & André Sapir, 2008.
"Why reform Europe's universities,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/101651, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Caroline Hoxby & Andreu Mas-Colell & André Sapir, 2007. "Why Reform Europe's Universities?," Policy Briefs 34, Bruegel.
- André Sapir & Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Caroline Hoxby & Andreu Mas-Colell, 2007. "Why reform Europe's universities," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8100, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Link, Albert N. & Scott, John T. & Siegel, Donald S., 2003. "The economics of intellectual property at universities: an overview of the special issue," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1217-1225, November.
- Becker, William E, Jr, 1979. "Professorial Behavior Given a Stochastic Reward Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 1010-17, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rif:otbook:495. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kaija Hyvönen-Rajecki)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.