Transport and Ethics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arianne de Blaeij & Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Piet Rietveld & Erik T. Verhoef, 2000. "The Value of Statistical Life in Road Safety: A Meta-Analysis," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-089/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Ritov, Ilana & Schkade, David A, 1999. "Economic Preferences or Attitude Expressions?: An Analysis of Dollar Responses to Public Issues," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 19(1-3), pages 203-235, December.
- Johansson-Stenman, Olof & Martinsson, Peter, 2008. "Are some lives more valuable? An ethical preferences approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 739-752, May.
- Battellino, Helen, 2009. "Transport for the transport disadvantaged: A review of service delivery models in New South Wales," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 123-129, July.
- Bristow, A. L. & Nellthorp, J., 2000. "Transport project appraisal in the European Union," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 51-60, January.
- Anand, Paul & Wailoo, Allan, 2000.
"Utilities versus Rights to Publicly Provided Goods: Arguments and Evidence from Health Care Rationing,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 67(268), pages 543-577, November.
- Paul Anand & Allan Wailoo, 2000. "Utilities vs. Rights to Publicly Provided Goods: Arguments and Evidence from Health-Care Rationing," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 14, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Eriksson, Louise & Garvill, Jörgen & Nordlund, Annika M., 2008. "Acceptability of single and combined transport policy measures: The importance of environmental and policy specific beliefs," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(8), pages 1117-1128, October.
- Hine, Julian & Grieco, Margaret, 2003. "Scatters and clusters in time and space: implications for delivering integrated and inclusive transport," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 299-306, October.
- Bruzelius, Nils & Flyvbjerg, Bent & Rothengatter, Werner, 2002. "Big decisions, big risks. Improving accountability in mega projects," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 143-154, April.
- Hausman,Daniel M. & McPherson,Michael S., 2006. "Economic Analysis, Moral Philosophy and Public Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521608664, December.
- de Jong, Gerard & Daly, Andrew & Pieters, Marits & van der Hoorn, Toon, 2007. "The logsum as an evaluation measure: Review of the literature and new results," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 874-889, November.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L., 1992. "Valuing public goods: The purchase of moral satisfaction," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 57-70, January.
- Julian Hine & Fiona Mitchell, 2001. "Better for Everyone? Travel Experiences and Transport Exclusion," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 38(2), pages 319-332, February.
- Georges Dionne & Paul Lanoie, 2004. "Public Choice about the Value of a Statistical Life for Cost-Benefit Analyses: The Case of Road Safety," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 38(2), pages 247-274, May.
- Eva Heinen & Bert van Wee & Kees Maat, 2009. "Commuting by Bicycle: An Overview of the Literature," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 59-96, June.
- Kenneth Button (ed.), 2003. "Recent Developments in Transport Economics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2627, December.
- Kerry Hamilton & Linda Jenkins, 2000. "A Gender Audit for Public Transport: A New Policy Tool in the Tackling of Social Exclusion," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 37(10), pages 1793-1800, September.
- Hansson, Sven Ove, 2007. "Philosophical Problems In Cost Benefit Analysis," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 163-183, July.
- Church, A. & Frost, M. & Sullivan, K., 2000. "Transport and social exclusion in London," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 195-205, July.
- Herman E. Daly, 2007. "Ecological Economics and Sustainable Development, Selected Essays of Herman Daly," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12606, December.
- Kenneth Button, 2010. "Transport Economics, 3rd Edition," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1863, December.
- Bureau, Benjamin & Glachant, Matthieu, 2008.
"Distributional effects of road pricing: Assessment of nine scenarios for Paris,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 42(7), pages 994-1007, August.
- Benjamin Bureau & Matthieu Glachant, 2008. "Distributional effects of road pricing: Assessment of nine scenarios for Paris," Post-Print hal-00437759, HAL.
- Campos, Javier & de Rus, Gines & Barron, Ignacio, 2007. "A review of HSR experiences around the world," MPRA Paper 12397, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hausman,Daniel M. & McPherson,Michael S., 2006. "Economic Analysis, Moral Philosophy and Public Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521846295.
- Hanemann, W Michael, 1991. "Willingness to Pay and Willingness to Accept: How Much Can They Differ?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 635-647, June.
- James K. Hammitt, 2007. "Valuing Changes in Mortality Risk: Lives Saved Versus Life Years Saved," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 1(2), pages 228-240, Summer.
- Bromley, Daniel W., 1989. "Entitlements, missing markets, and environmental uncertainty," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 181-194, September.
- Eliasson, Jonas & Mattsson, Lars-Göran, 2006. "Equity effects of congestion pricing: Quantitative methodology and a case study for Stockholm," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 602-620, August.
- Jan Anne Annema & Carl Koopmans & Bert Van Wee, 2006. "Evaluating Transport Infrastructure Investments: The Dutch Experience with a Standardized Approach," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(2), pages 125-150, June.
- Currie, Graham & Richardson, Tony & Smyth, Paul & Vella-Brodrick, Dianne & Hine, Julian & Lucas, Karen & Stanley, Janet & Morris, Jenny & Kinnear, Ray & Stanley, John, 2009. "Investigating links between transport disadvantage, social exclusion and well-being in Melbourne--Preliminary results," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 97-105, July.
- Hodgson, F. C. & Turner, J., 2003. "Participation not consumption: the need for new participatory practices to address transport and social exclusion," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 265-272, October.
- Hayashi, Y. & Morisugi, H., 2000. "International comparison of background concept and methodology of transportation project appraisal," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 73-88, January.
- Emmett B. Keeler & Shan Cretin, 1983. "Discounting of Life-Saving and Other Nonmonetary Effects," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(3), pages 300-306, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:transa:v:122:y:2019:i:c:p:112-119 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Book ChaptersThe following chapters of this book are listed in IDEAS
KeywordsEconomics and Finance; Environment; Urban and Regional Studies;
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:eebook:14281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darrel McCalla). General contact details of provider: http://www.e-elgar.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.