Nature-based Tourism and Conservation
Nature-based Tourism and Conservation unearths new or neglected principles relevant to tourism and recreational economics, environmental valuation and economic theory. Its three parts have chapters on nature-based tourism and its relationships to conservation including case studies dealing with the consequences of World Heritage listing of natural sites, Antarctic, subtropical and tropical national park-based tourism and an NGO’s conservation efforts modelled on ecotourism. The final part focuses on tourism utilizing particular wildlife, including sea turtles, whales, penguins, royal albatross, glow-worms and tree kangaroos.
|This book is provided by Edward Elgar Publishing in its series Books with number 13773 and published in 2012.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.e-elgar.com|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.e-elgar.com Email: |
|The following chapters of this book are listed in IDEAS:|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Clem Tisdell, 2007.
"Knowledge and the valuation of public goods and experiential commodities: information provision and acquisition,"
Global Business and Economics Review,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(2/3), pages 170-182.
- Tisdell, Clement A., 2006. "Knowledge and the Valuation of Public Goods and Experiential Commodities: Information Provision and Acquisition," Economic Theory, Applications and Issues Working Papers 90545, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Clem Tisdell, 1996. "Bounded Rationality and Economic Evolution," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 960.
- Clem Tisdell, 1999. "Biodiversity, Conservation and Sustainable Development," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1408.
- Wilson, Clevo Tis & Tisdell, Clem, 2004. "Attitudes to Entry Fees to National Parks: Results and Policy Implications from a Queensland Case Study," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 79-102, March.
- Wilson, Clevo & Tisdell, Clement A., 2003. "Attitudes to entry fees to national parks: results and policy implications from a Queensland case study," Economics, Ecology and Environment Working Papers 48960, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Tisdell, Clem & Wilson, Clevo & Swarna Nantha, Hemanath, 2008. "Contingent valuation as a dynamic process," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1443-1458, August.
- Tisdell, C., 1986. "Australia's Antarctic Policy Options - A Review Article," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 76-85.
- E. J. Mishan, 1967. "Pareto Optimality And The Law," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 255-287.
- Clem Tisdell & Clevo Wilson, 2005. "Perceived Impacts of Ecotourism on Environmental Learning and Conservation: Turtle Watching as a Case Study," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 291-302, 09. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:eebook:13773. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darrel McCalla)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.