Defining the category of 'small' states
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gruen, David W R & Smith, Jeremy, 1994. "Excess Returns in a Small Open Economy," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 70(211), pages 381-396, December.
- Looney, Robert E., 1989. "Macroeconomic consequences of the size of third world nations: With special reference to the Caribbean," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 69-83, January.
- Milner, Chris & Westaway, Tony, 1993. "Country size and the medium-term growth process: Some cross-country evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 203-211, February.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 1999. "Exports, Inflation and Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1031-1057, June.
- Berlage, Lodewijk & Terweduwe, Dirk, 1988. "The classification of countries by cluster and by factor analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(12), pages 1527-1545, December.
- Armstrong, H. & De Kervenoael, R. J. & Li, X. & Read, R., 1998.
"A comparison of the economic performance of different micro-states, and between micro-states and larger countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 639-656, April.
- H Armstrong, R de Kervenoael, Xiao-Ming Li and R Read, "undated". "A Comparision of the economic performance of different micro-states and between micro-states and larger countries," Working Papers ec9/97, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Caldwell, John C. & Harrison, Graham E. & Quiggin, Pat, 1980. "The demography of micro-states," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(12), pages 953-962, December.
- Streeten, Paul, 1993. "The special problems of small countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 197-202, February.
- Masih, Rumi & Masih, Abul M. M., 1996. "Macroeconomic activity dynamics and Granger causality: New evidence from a small developing economy based on a vector error-correction modelling analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 407-426, July.
- Briguglio, Lino, 1995. "Small island developing states and their economic vulnerabilities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1615-1632, September.
- Khatkhate, Deena R. & Short, Brock K., 1980. "Monetary and central banking problems of mini states," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(12), pages 1017-1025, December.
- Selwyn, Percy, 1980. "Smallness and islandness," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(12), pages 945-951, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Craigwell, Roland C & Thomas, Chrystal, 2010. "Revisiting the effect of country size on taxation in developing countries," MPRA Paper 33470, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brito, João Antonio, 2015. "Environmental Vulnerability and Economic Growth: Small States vs Large States," MPRA Paper 65694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Symeou, Pavlos C. & Pollitt, Michael G., 2014. "Fixed voice telephony in economies of different sizes: When industry policy meets technological change," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 273-286.
- Ilan Kelman, 2010. "Introduction to climate, disasters and international development," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 208-217.
- Gomes, Charmaine, 2014. "The case of Small Island Developing States of the Caribbean: the challenge of building resilience," Sede Subregional de la CEPAL para el Caribe (Estudios e Investigaciones) 38366, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Brito, João Antonio, 2015. "Social Cohesion and Economic Growth: Small States vs Large States," MPRA Paper 66118, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bouchra Fninou & François Meyssonnier, 2013. "Un système de pilotage de la performance publique à dominante managériale : analyse de l'expérience de Dubaï," Working Papers hal-00781973, HAL.
- Brito, João Antonio, 2015. "Defining Country Size: A Descriptive Analysis of Small and Large States," MPRA Paper 66149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:14:y:2002:i:2:p:143-179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .