The Prebisch-Singer thesis: a thesis for the new millennium? Introduction
The papers contained in this Policy Arena are revised versions of papers originally presented at the University of Innsbruck in Austria on 10th October 1997 at the conference that was convened to celebrate the award to Professor Sir Hans Singer of an honorary doctoral degree of the University in recognition of his outstanding contributions to economic science in general and to the study of economic development in particular. As editors we are indebted to the conference participants (including Sir Hans) for their many helpful comments and suggestions. Particular thanks are due to Dr Richard Hule and Dr Herbert Stocker of the University of Innsbruck and Professor Kunibert Raffer of the University of Vienna for their detailed incisive written comments on the papers as presented at the conference. Although space constraints prevent us from including these documents in this collection, copies are available from the editors upon request. Copyright © 1999 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 11 (1999)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Sapsford & V.N.Balasubramanyam, .
"The Long-Run Behaviour of the Relative Price of Primary Commodities: Statistical Evidence and Policy Implications,"
ec7/94, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Sapsford, David & Balasubramanyam, V. N., 1994. "The long-run behavior of the relative price of primary commodities: Statistical evidence and policy implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(11), pages 1737-1745, November.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521385503 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sapsford, David, 1990. "Primary Commodity Prices and the Terms of Trade," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 66(195), pages 342-56, December.
- D. Sapsford & P. Sarkar & H. W. Singer, 1992. "The prebisch‐singer terms of trade controversy revisited," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(3), pages 315-332, 05.
- Chen, John-Ren & Sapsford, David, 1997. "Economic development and policy: Professor Sir Hans Singer's contributions to development economics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(11), pages 1853-1856, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:11:y:1999:i:6:p:843-849. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.