Some estimates of Prebisch and Singer effects on the terms of trade between primary producers and manufacturers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Prebisch, Raúl, 1950. "The economic development of Latin America and its principal problems," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 29973, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Sapsford, D, 1985. "The Statistical Debate on the Net Barter Terms of Trade between Primary Commodities and Manufactures: A Comment and Some Additional Evidence," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(379), pages 781-788, September.
- Grilli, Enzo R & Yang, Maw Cheng, 1988. "Primary Commodity Prices, Manufactured Goods Prices, and the Terms of Trade of Developing Countries: What the Long Run Shows," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 2(1), pages 1-47, January.
- Balassa, Bela, 1978. "Exports and economic growth : Further evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 181-189, June.
- Sapsford, David & Balasubramanyam, V. N., 1994.
"The long-run behavior of the relative price of primary commodities: Statistical evidence and policy implications,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(11), pages 1737-1745, November.
- David Sapsford & V.N.Balasubramanyam, "undated". "The Long-Run Behaviour of the Relative Price of Primary Commodities: Statistical Evidence and Policy Implications," Working Papers ec7/94, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Harry Bloch & David Sapsford, 1991.
"Postwar Movements in Prices of Primary Products and Manufactured Goods,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 249-266, December.
- Bloch, H. & Sapsford, D., 1991. "Post-War Movements in Prices of Primary Products and Manufactured Goods," Papers 1991-03, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
- Findlay, Ronald, 1980. "The Terms of Trade and Equilibrium Growth in the World Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 291-299, June.
- Darity, William A, Jr, 1990. "The Fundamental Determinants of the Terms of Trade Reconsidered: Long-run and Long-period Equilibrium," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 816-827, September.
- Harry Bloch & David Sapsford, "undated". "Prebisch and Singer Effects on the Terms of Trade Between Primary Producers and Manufacturers," Working Papers ec6/96, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Powell, Andrew, 1991.
"Commodity and Developing Country Terms of Trade: What Does the Long Run Show?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1485-1496, November.
- Powell, A., 1989. "Commodity And Developing Country Terms Of Trade, What Does The Long Run Show?," Economics Series Working Papers 9980, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kellard, Neil & Mark E Wohar, 2003. "Trends and Persistence in Primary Commodity Prices," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 118, Royal Economic Society.
- Hadass, Yael S & Williamson, Jeffrey G, 2003.
"Terms-of-Trade Shocks and Economic Performance, 1870-1940: Prebisch and Singer Revisited,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(3), pages 629-656, April.
- Yael S. Hadass & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2001. "Terms of Trade Shocks and Economic Performance 1870-1940: Prebisch and Singer Revisited," NBER Working Papers 8188, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luis E. Arango & Fernando Arias & Adriana Flórez, 2012. "Determinants of commodity prices," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(2), pages 135-145, January.
- Bianchi, Ana Maria, 2002. "For Different Audiences, Different Arguments: Economic Rhetoric at the Beginning of the Latin American School," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 291-305, September.
- André Varella Mollick & João Ricardo Faria & Pedro H. Albuquerque & Miguel A. León-Ledesma, 2008.
"Can globalisation stop the decline in commodities' terms of trade?,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 32(5), pages 683-701, September.
- André Mollick & João Faria & Pedro Albuquerque & Miguel León-Ledesma, 2008. "Can Globalisation Stop the Decline in Commodities' Terms of Trade?," Post-Print halshs-00746269, HAL.
- Kellard, Neil & Wohar, Mark E., 2006. "On the prevalence of trends in primary commodity prices," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 146-167, February.
- José Antonio Ocampo & María Angela Parra, 2004. "The commodity terms of trade and their strategic implications for development," International Trade 0403001, EconWPA.
- Harry Bloch & A. Michael Dockery & C. Wyn Morgan & David Sapsford, 2007.
"Growth, Commodity Prices, Inflation And The Distribution Of Income,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 3-44, February.
- Harry Bloch & Michael Dockery & Wyn Morgan & David Sapsford, 2004. "Growth, Commodity Prices, Inflation and the Distribution of Income," Research Papers 200404, University of Liverpool Management School.
- Andre Varella Mollick & Joao Ricardo Faria & Pedro H. Albuquerque & Miguel A. Leon-Ledesma, 2005. "Can Globalisation Stop the Decline in Commodities' Terms of Trade? The Prebisch-Singer Hypothesis Revisited"," Studies in Economics 0510, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Fernando Arias & Luz Adriana Flórez, 2008.
"Trends, Fluctuations, and Determinants of Commodity Prices,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
004734, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Fernando Arias & Luz Adriana Flórez, 2008. "Trends, Fluctuations, and Determinants of Commodity Prices," Borradores de Economia 521, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Tilton, John E., 2013.
"The terms of trade debate and the policy implications for primary product producers,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 196-203.
- John E. Tilton, 2012. "The Terms Of Trade Debate and the Policy Implications for Primary Product Producers," Working Papers 2012-11, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:25:y:1997:i:11:p:1873-1884. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .