The Determinants Of Pricing In Pharmaceuticals: Are Us Prices Really So High?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Antonio Cabrales & Sergi Jiménez-Martín, 2008. "The Determinants of Pricing in Pharmaceuticals: Are U.S. prices really so high?," Working Papers 2008-18, FEDEA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arbatskaya, Maria & Hviid, Morten & Shaffer, Greg, 2004.
"On the Incidence and Variety of Low-Price Guarantees,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(1), pages 307-332, April.
- Maria Arbatskaya & Morten Hviid & Greg Shaffer, 1999. "On the incidence and Variety of Low-Price Guarantees," CIE Discussion Papers 1999-10, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Richard G. Frank & David S. Salkever, 1997. "Generic Entry and the Pricing of Pharmaceuticals," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 75-90, March.
- Motta,Massimo, 2004. "Competition Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521016919.
- Juan-José Ganuza & Gerard Llobet & Beatriz Domínguez, 2009.
"R& D in the Pharmaceutical Industry: A World of Small Innovations,"
INFORMS, vol. 55(4), pages 539-551, April.
- Beatriz Domínguez & Juan José Ganuza & Gerard Llobet, 2005. "R&D in the pharmaceutical industry: A world of small innovations," Economics Working Papers 936, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Iain M. Cockburn & Aslam H. Anis, 2001. "Hedonic Analysis of Arthritis Drugs," NBER Chapters,in: Medical Care Output and Productivity, pages 439-462 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scherer, F.M., 2000. "The pharmaceutical industry," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 25, pages 1297-1336 Elsevier.
- Mark Duggan & Fiona M. Scott Morton, 2006.
"The Distortionary Effects of Government Procurement: Evidence from Medicaid Prescription Drug Purchasing,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 121(1), pages 1-30.
- Mark Duggan & Fiona Scott Morton, 2004. "The Distortionary Effects of Government Procurement: Evidence from Medicaid Prescription Drug Purchasing," NBER Working Papers 10930, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Danzon, Patricia M. & Chao, Li-Wei, 2000. "Cross-national price differences for pharmaceuticals: how large, and why?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 159-195, March.
- Z. John Lu & William S. Comanor, 1998. "Strategic Pricing Of New Pharmaceuticals," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 108-118, February.
- Berndt, Ernst R. & Pindyck, Robert S. & Azoulay, Pierre, 1970-, 1998.
"Network effects and diffusion in pharmaceutical markets : antiulcer drugs,"
WP 4059-98., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Robert S. Pindyck & Pierre Azoulay, 1999. "Network Effects and Diffusion in Pharmaceutical Markets: Antiulcer Drugs," NBER Working Papers 7024, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gambardella, Alfonso & Orsenigo, Luigi & Pammolli, Fabio, 2000. "Global Competitiveness in Pharmaceuticals: A European Perspective," MPRA Paper 15965, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Danzon, Patricia M & Chao, Li-Wei, 2000. "Does Regulation Drive out Competition in Pharmaceutical Markets?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 311-357, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Herr, A. & Suppliet, M., 2011.
"Co-Payment Exemptions and Reference Prices: an Empirical Study of Pharmaceutical Prices in Germany,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
11/18, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Suppliet, Moritz & Herr, Annika, 2016. "Cost-Sharing and Drug Pricing Strategies : Introducing Tiered Co-Payments in Reference Price Markets," Discussion Paper 2016-040, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Herr, Annika & Suppliet, Moritz, 2012. "Pharmaceutical prices under regulation: Tiered co-payments and reference pricing in Germany," DICE Discussion Papers 48, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Suppliet, Moritz & Herr, Annika, 2016. "Cost-Sharing and Drug Pricing Strategies : Introducing Tiered Co-Payments in Reference Price Markets," Discussion Paper 2016-021, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Hugo Vilares & Manuel Coutinho Pereira, 2014. "A review of the pharmaceutical market in Portugal," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles and Banco de Portugal Economic Studies, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Paolo Pertile & Simona Gamba & Martin Forster, 2018. "Free-Riding in Pharmaceutical Price Regulation: Theory and Evidence," Discussion Papers 18/04, Department of Economics, University of York.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:22:y:2013:i:11:p:1377-1397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.