Hospital financial condition and the quality of patient care
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel P. Kessler & Mark B. McClellan, 2000. "Is Hospital Competition Socially Wasteful?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 577-615.
- Shen, Yu-Chu, 2003. "The effect of financial pressure on the quality of care in hospitals," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 243-269, March.
- Frank Windmeijer, 2000. "A finite sample correction for the variance of linear two-step GMM estimators," IFS Working Papers W00/19, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Nazmi Sari, 2002. "Do competition and managed care improve quality?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(7), pages 571-584.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Dranove, David & Shanley, Mark & White, William D, 1993. "Price and Concentration in Hospital Markets: The Switch from Patient-Driven to Payer-Driven Competition," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 179-204, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fareed, Naleef & Bazzoli, Gloria J. & Farnsworth Mick, Stephen S. & Harless, David W., 2015. "The influence of institutional pressures on hospital electronic health record presence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 28-35.
- Cyril Chang & Jennifer Troyer, 2009. "The impact of TennCare on hospital efficiency," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 201-216, September.
- Spaulding, Aaron & Zhao, Mei & Haley, D. Rob, 2014. "Value-based purchasing and hospital acquired conditions: Are we seeing improvement?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 413-421.
- Daniel F. McCaffrey & J. R. Lockwood & Kata Mihaly & Tim R. Sass, 2012. "A review of Stata commands for fixed-effects estimation in normal linear models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 12(3), pages 406-432, September.
- Gaure, Simen, 2013. "OLS with multiple high dimensional category variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 8-18.
- Yu-Chu Shen & Karen Eggleston, 2009.
"The effect of soft budget constraints on access and quality in hospital care,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management,
Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 211-232, June.
- Yu-Chu Shen & Karen Eggleston, 2008. "The Effect of Soft Budget Constraints on Access and Quality in Hospital Care," NBER Working Papers 14256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hauck, Katharina & Zhao, Xueyan & Jackson, Terri, 2012. "Adverse event rates as measures of hospital performance," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 146-154.
- Cardinaels, Eddy, 2009. "Governance in non-for-profit hospitals: Effects of board members' remuneration and expertise on CEO compensation," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 64-75, November.
- Hsueh-Fen Chen & Gloria Bazzoli & Hui-Min Hsieh, 2009. "Hospital Financial Conditions and the Provision of Unprofitable Services," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 37(3), pages 259-277, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:17:y:2008:i:8:p:977-995. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.