Reducing avoidable inequalities in health: a new criterion for setting health care capitation payments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter C. Smith & Nigel Rice & Roy Carr-Hill, 2001. "Capitation funding in the public sector," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 164(2), pages 217-257.
- Maria Goddard & Peter Smith, 1998. "Equity of access to health care," Working Papers 032cheop, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 1991. "QALYs and the equity-efficiency trade-off," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 21-41, May.
- Joao Pereira, 1989. "What does equity in health mean?," Working Papers 061chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Amir Shmueli & Jacob Glazer, 1999. "Addressing the inequity of capitation by variable soft contracts," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 335-343.
- Royston, G. H. D. & Hurst, J. W. & Lister, E. G. & Stewart, P. A., 1992. "Modelling the use of health services by populations of small areas to inform the allocation of central resources to larger regions," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 169-180, July.
- David K. Whynes & Tara Heron & Anthony J. Avery, 1997. "Prescribing Cost Savings by GP Fundholders: Long-Term or Short-Term?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(2), pages 209-211.
- Matthew Sutton & Peter Lock, 2000. "Regional differences in health care delivery: implications for a national resource allocation formula," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(6), pages 547-559.
- Fredrik Andersson & Carl Hampus Lyttkens, 1999. "Preferences for equity in health behind a veil of ignorance," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(5), pages 369-378.
- Croxson, B. & Propper, C. & Perkins, A., 2001. "Do doctors respond to financial incentives? UK family doctors and the GP fundholder scheme," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 375-398, February.
- Williams, Alan & Cookson, Richard, 2000. "Equity in health," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 35, pages 1863-1910 Elsevier.
- Culyer, A. J. & Wagstaff, Adam, 1993. "Equity and equality in health and health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 431-457, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Revill & Miqdad Asaria & Andrew Phillips & Diana M Gibb & Charles F Gilks, 2014. "WHO Decides What is Fair? International HIV Treatment Guidelines, Social Value Judgements and Equitable Provision of Lifesaving Antiretroviral Therapy," Working Papers 099cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- David Cantarero & Marta Pascual & Jose Maria Sarabia, 2004. "Can income inequality contribute to understand inequalities in health? An empirical approach based on the European Community Household Panel," ERSA conference papers ersa04p230, European Regional Science Association.
- Katherine Cuff & Jeremiath Hurley & Stuart Mestelman & Andrew Muller & Robert Nuscheler, 2007. "Public and Private Health Care Financing with Alternate Public Rationing," Department of Economics Working Papers 2007-07, McMaster University.
- José Ferraz Nunes, 2008. "Health, Social Insurance and Income," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 14(3), pages 329-335, August.
- Wildman, John & McMeekin, Peter, 2014. "Health care and social care: complements, substitutes and attributes," MPRA Paper 54425, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Green, Andrew & Ross, Duncan & Mirzoev, Tolib, 2007. "Primary Health Care and England: The coming of age of Alma Ata?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 11-31, January.
- Hugh Gravelle & Matthew Sutton & Stephen Morris & Frank Windmeijer & Alastair Leyland & Chris Dibben & Mike Muirhead, 2003. "Modelling supply and demand influences on the use of health care: implications for deriving a needs-based capitation formula," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(12), pages 985-1004.
- O'Loughlin, Rosalyn & Kelly, Alan, 2004. "Equity in resource allocation in the Irish health service: A policy Delphi study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 271-280, March.
- Miqdad Asaria & Susan Griffin & Richard Cookson & Sophie Whyte & Paul Tappenden, 2013. "Distributional Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Health Care Programmes," Working Papers 091cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Alessio Petrelli & Roberta Picariello & Giuseppe Costa, 2010. "Toward a needs based mechanism for capitation purposes in Italy: the role of socioeconomic level in explaining differences in the use of health services," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 29-42, March.
- Trevor A. Sheldon & Peter C. Smith, 2000. "Equity in the allocation of health care resources," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(7), pages 571-574.
- Nagy, Balázs, 2010.
"Egy hiányzó láncszem?. Forráselosztás a magyar egészségügyben
[Resource allocation in Hungarian health care - is there a missing link?]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(4), pages 337-353.
- Lane, Haylee & Sarkies, Mitchell & Martin, Jennifer & Haines, Terry, 2017. "Equity in healthcare resource allocation decision making: A systematic review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 11-27.
- Stephen Dunn, 2006. "Prolegomena to a Post Keynesian health economics," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 64(3), pages 273-299.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:14:y:2008:i:3:p:329-335 is not listed on IDEAS
- Minet Kinge, Jonas & Morris, Stephen, 2010. "Socioeconomic variation in the impact of obesity on health-related quality of life," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(10), pages 1864-1871, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:11:y:2002:i:8:p:667-677. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.